Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Who will win Survivor: Redemption Island?

• Andrea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ashley

• Grant

• Matt

• Mike

• Natalie

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Phillip

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Rob

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
rumoured spoiler.

It's widely rumoured that the two special guests are Rob and Russell who will be tribe leaders, unable to be voted out until the merge.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Stupid idea.
Stupid, yes... but it'll be worth it just to see Russell lose yet again. And he'll still be just as perplexed (and petulant!) as to why he can't and shouldn't win. :D

Of course, it's not completely stupid... bringing Bobby Jon and Stephenie back for Guatemala was brilliant, the two being some of the best players to not win previously. The Robfather and Hantz are merely the two most annoying players to not win. ;)

Of course, the best player to not win was Terry Deitz (Panama) :)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I think it has more to do with the fact that they both think they're the best players ever. They're going to captain the two tribes against each other...It should have been called Survivor: Showdown.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So Russell gets to be in 3 of the last 4 seasons of Survivor? Anyone else think that is kinda lame? How many times do we need to hear him tell us how great he is? They should let other people play!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
should be a great season!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'm thinking that this is the year one of them wins :cool:
They're easy targets and that's always the problem with this sort of thing. I think they won't be able to be voted out pre-merge; but after that you'd be stupid to keep them around.

·
Registered
152 Posts
There is a difference between a target and a threat. It seems the obvious targets always manage to squeak by and those who are "threats" get voted out instead.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Sheesh, I hate when they bring back so-misnamed "all stars".

It kind of devalues the contest when you figure that even if a player doesn't win, they still have 3 or 4 more chances. The stakes would mean more if you got one shot per lifetime, that's it. Ooooooh, which over-exposed former millionaire C-listers will they bring back? Who cares.

I do still think Burnett may one day poach my idea of holding a season comprised of all first boot contestants. A lot of the first contestants to be kicked off were very outgoing personalities (and were kicked early for a reason!) would make for some entertaining TV. Some were just not given even a chance. So the fact that one extreme total loser is going to end the season as a Survivor winner, is an intriguing idea and would be compelling to watch.

And this season they're (almost) poaching an idea I put forth back in Season 1. That idea was to not winnow your cast down, but move them out somewhere and keep covering their activity. That gives you a rich field of content to draw from, and would keeps fans of some players from tuning out when their person is eliminated. There's a lot of ways to make it work. Just one would be, say the final two from the 'A' tribe end up competing against whichever two emerge atop of the 'B' tribe.

That would certainly break apart the common strategy of voting blocks that drag along floaters simply for their passivity and predictable extra vote. You wouldn't want to have your chance at winning chopped because you carried along one or more floaters into those final rounds would you?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^

I actually like that idea. Actually a better idea is two tribes. One tribe people who got voted out early and another tribe of people who made it to the finals. Survivor: Revenge of the Losers

1 - 20 of 130 Posts