• Jud

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Sash

Votes: 3 33.3%
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Actually you have somewhat of a rough idea.

In the past, with 16 people, you could predict 1 or fewer quitters.

In recent times, as quitting was no longer unheard of, you could predict approximately 1 quitter. You also know based on screening and motivation that most will stick it out. It's not as if it's a coin toss where there's 50-50 odds of competitors quitting.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Boy, you could sure tell that Jeff Probst, host/producer is still bitter about Na Onka and Purple Kelly quitting the show. When he introduced the jury last night, he referred to them as "the two quitters". They probably screwed up the show's agenda with their actions.
Well the show's "agenda" is drama, so if anything they helped it.

Remember, this isn't a live weekly event (although that WOULD be interesting)

It's mostly post-produced, so even if they had extra quitters, or some week with no eliminations, they just craft a story board to ensure they fill up their episode schedule. Sometimes they have to stretch or compress events, like if they want to have a romantic element to a Feb 14th episode, or they want to create a cliffhanger before the usual mid-season clip show.

And for all the talk of immunity and competitions, a lot of the events boil down to carnival games like ring toss or solving a toddler level puzzle board. I'm sorry but even on restricted diet and sleep, tossing a ring hardly compares to something like dragging the gulliver dummy. Personally I like to see the more physical and demanding competitions, or ones where there are choices to be made such as taking a shortcut or trading off risk and reward.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I agree with you in principle, Neil, but the trouble with physical contests is that, more often than not, it favours young men. That's why they balance out the contests, you gotta be fair to all genders and sexes--the choices idea you have is a good one. They have had a few like that.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Man, did she look like death warmed over last night or what?
I really thought they were going to flip the vote last night and vote off the other woman. It really would of turned things.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Why did Jane vote Sash - didn't she know he had an idol which he had to play? I don't think many of these people are playing the game. They aren't thinking it through. Jeff tried to help them.. but to no avail.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Of course Jane knew. I think she did it symbolically, not sure what. But she knew there was no way he was going home, --she knew she was--so there must have been some method to her madness.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Some surprises tonight (for me anyway). Holly being voted out 3-1 (thought Sash would have received at least 2 votes). Based upon the final 3, I was expected a slaughter for Fabio, at least 7 votes.

Jane winning the 100k? wtf, one of the most annoying people I've seen on tv.

Oh, Boston Rob, please go away.

·
Registered
725 Posts
^^^^
I was thinking the same thing. When Jeff kept saying "the season's most likeable... Jane" in 2 different occasions going into commercials in the reunion show, I was scratching my head already. And when he said "most votes ever" and "biggest margin in history of the 100k reward" I almost pulled my hair out. What?

Naonka is unbelievable. So is her mom. I thought I was watching Dr Phil!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
^^^^^^

Re: Boston Rob, please go away.

Agreed. The good news, I think, is the much rumoured Rob vs. Russell showdown season seems to have been all a red herring, since nothing was mentioned about it last night.

Interestingly, the votes came down to women voting for chase and men voting for Fabio.--Kelly Purple and Nanooka (both quitters) being the exception.

Final Voting
Jane: Chase
Holly: Chase
Dan: Fabio
Benry: Fabio
Kelly S.: Fabio
NaOnka: Fabio
Brenda: Chase
Marty: Fabio
Alina: Chase

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
The question about winning the last 3 immunities being too little, too late was strange.

That's like saying: was winning the last 3 Super Bowls too little, too late since you lost the three prior.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was cheering for Fabio when they were down to the final five as I didn't really care for the other four. Looking forward to next season to see if Redemption Island is a good idea or not.

Was wondering though what would have happened if Chase and Fabio had gotten four votes each and Sash had gotten a vote? Or for that matter if by some really odd circumstance the nine juror votes were split among all three finalists?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I am still quite surprised that there hasn't been a tie yet in the seasons with a final three.

I was quite surprised that the vote was as close as it was.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Interestingly, the votes came down to women voting for chase and men voting for Fabio.--Kelly Purple and Nanooka (both quitters) being the exception.

Final Voting
Jane: Chase
Holly: Chase
Dan: Fabio
Benry: Fabio
Kelly S.: Fabio
NaOnka: Fabio
Brenda: Chase
Marty: Fabio
Alina: Chase
Interesting! Not too surprised with Brenda/Alina/Kelly's votes. OTOH, imagine what would happen if the 2 quitters were stripped off of their jury duty!

81 - 100 of 100 Posts