Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Sash

Votes: 3 33.3%
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two-time Super Bowl winning coach Jimmy Johnson headlines the new cast of Survivor: Nicaragua when it premieres Wednesday, September 15 on CBS. The former coach (who also won college championships as both a player and a coach) and current Fox football analyst will join nine other contestants over the age of 40 on the Espada tribe to take on 10 contestants 30 and under in Survivor‘s second old vs. young battle (Survivor: Panama was split into four tribes divided by both age and gender). The younger La Flor tribe features Survivor‘s second amputee contestant, Kelly Bruno, who lost her right leg to a birth defect when she was six-months old (Survivor: Vanuatu also featured a contestant with an artificial limb, Chad Crittenden). “We don’t really look at Kelly as ‘let’s do another amputee,”’ Jeff Probst told EW.com while on location during filming. “When Kelly came in, it wasn’t that she had [an artificial] limb. It was that she was so charismatic. I hope Kelly lasts a long time because that’s somebody I would want in my foxhole with me.”
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/09/survivor-nicaragua-new-cast/

Meet the cast:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20354695_20408478,00.html

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Guess CBS wants to pump up its demographics this season with its "old" vs "young" theme. Since when is over 40 old.......I guess for a twelve year old.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Guess CBS wants to pump up its demographics this season with its "old" vs "young" theme. Since when is over 40 old.......I guess for a twelve year old.
Anybody under 30 would think so. Sorry, Lindsay...I hear you. I'm 44 after all; but all my 20-something interns at work think I'm old. :-(

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
21st survivor. I cant believe I have watched each one. Looking forward to seeing some crazy stuff this season.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm looking forward to a new Survivor.Weather here is miserable,purrrrfect for watching bikinis on the beach..:cool:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Well here it went to black 5 minutes into the recording. Not sure if it was a screw up at the source or our local cable company.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
We enjoyed last night's episode. Nicaragua looks fantastic in HD. My wife wondered why they digitally blurred the men when they were walking around in their Jockey underwear and not the young women who also paraded around in revealing underwear/bikini bottoms.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Typical Survivor show.. Please in the future have all contestants pack a swim suit.......this underwear thing was worn out during the last season by Russel. As an aside the number of commercials on Global reached the max that I have ever seen in a program.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Lindsay649 "As an aside the number of commercials on Global reached the max that I have ever seen in a program."

I've started PVRing the early Eastern Detroit feed and zipping past the commercials. Although you don't hear the audio you do see the video flash by and if I see an interesting ad, I let it run at normal speed.

·
Registered
580 Posts
^
I PVR most of my favourite shows now.By skipping through the ads , I can watch 3 shows in less than 2 hours.

The scenery looks amazing in HD.The volcanoes looks awesome.
I'm cheering for the older group.They are smarter,but most of them don't look very fit.That will hurt them in the challenges.

I was suprised how poorly the girl with part of her leg missing was treated.The other girls were quite nasty.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
WOW. What a tribal.... Way to throw your own homophobic azz under the bus Shannon! Just goes to show how a big head can self destruct!

great show!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Yup...gotta agree...I just don't understand why some people who have gone thru a lot to get on the show...end up at Tribal Council and self destruct...

It was almost like everytime Shannon opened his mouth...he shot off one of his own extremeties.

Perhaps the pressure is just too much for them...in any case...it sure made for great tv :cool:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm not too surprised that there are young people like Shannon out there. That's one reason why young vs old will be an interesting shot for Survivor.

Agree that Prost does a great job as a reality TV game show host, compare to TAR host Phil who could probably be replaced by a robot and yet be more interesting.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts