Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Who will win Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians?

• Colby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerri

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Parvati

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Russell

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Sandra

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The full cast of Survivor: Heroes Vs Villains:
Heroes
Rupert Boneham (Previous seasons: Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
James Clement (Previous seasons: China, Micronesia)
Colby Donaldson (Previous seasons: The Australian Outback, All-Stars)
Cirie Fields (Previous seasons: Panama, Micronesia)
Amanda Kimmell (Previous seasons: China, Micronesia)
Jessica “Sugar” Kiper (Previous season: Gabon)
Stephenie LaGrossa (Previous seasons: Palau, Guatemala)
James “J.T.” Thomas (Previous season: Tocantins)
Tom Westman (Previous season: Palau)
Candice Woodcock (Previous season: Cook Islands)

Villains
Tyson Apostol (Previous season: Tocantins)
Randy Bailey (Previous season: Gabon)
Sandra Diaz-Twine (Previous season: Pearl Islands)
Danielle DiLorenzo (Previous season: Panama)
Russell Hantz (Previous season: Samoa)
Jerri Manthey (Previous seasons: Australian Outback, All-Stars)
“Boston” Rob Mariano (Previous seasons: Marquesas, All-Stars)
Parvati Shallow (Previous seasons: Cook Islands, Micronesia)
“Coach” Benjamin Wade (Previous season: Tocantins)
Courtney Yates (Previous season: China)

The filming for Heroes Vs. Villains commenced on August 9 on the island on Apia in Samoa at the same two campsites used for season 19. (Filming wrapped in mid-September just before the tsunami that devastated the island.) The contestants arrived for the start of the game via four New Zealand military helicopters and were immediately thrust into a brutally physical challenge that results in one topless player and two painful injuries. (All of the challenges will be based on classic challenges from past seasons.) The season premiere will air February 11 at 8pm on CBS.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/01/06/survivor-heroes-vs-villains-cast/

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
What happened to Jon Dalton, aka, "Jonny Fairplay"? I thought I saw him in the preview clip for the new season.... :confused:

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I am not sure, but when he was on his 2nd appearance he asked to be voted off because he didn't want to be there at the first tribal counsel. Maybe they didn't ask him

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
With the timing then, it looks guess the other participants hadn't gotten to see the shows with Russell in them. Wonder what Boston Rob will make of him, if Russell is up to it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Tht's right Spensar. Russel would be completely new to the rest of them, cause it would have been filmed before the last season aired.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It's both an advantage and disadvantage.

The disadvantage is that he just finished spending 39 days out there. NOt sure how much of a layoff he had between the two shows, but surely the longer he stays out there, the more of a toll it's gonna have on him.78 days is a long time to be out there.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Like I said...Rupert had to endure the same thing...and he was very big and strong...yet folded quickly as the strain was just too much.

I also think if Russell had done well in the second one...he would not have been so choked up losing this past one.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
With a game like this, you can play 10 times and have 10 different winners.

Nothing surprises me. I just hope Boston Rob goes home early, very early.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I just hope Boston Rob goes home early, very early.
Amen and second that. After the last show with Rob and Rupert, even Jeff Probst had commented something along the lines that he was tired of the old group. And I hope Rupert doesn't wear the "go fish" shirt.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I can only pray Coach stays around long enough to tell more stories about his amazing adventures.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
That was a really intense two hour premiere...and including the preview for next week...this season is shaping up to be one of the all-time best...

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Not a bad start though I'm not a fan of these all-star editions.

Rob falls in the woods next week, perhaps he trips over his ego?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
In my opinion, Survivor is at its best showing the tribe member conversation and strategizing. In most 60 minute episodes, they lose too many minutes covering the challenges, leaving only a few minutes for the conversation and interview elements.

This premiere had just 2 challenges in 2 hours, and since every character was already known, that left abundant time to show a lot of conversations and confessionals. I think that might have been what drew you in.

I don't like having any returnees, ever. So a season like this (with 20 re-treads) is of less interest. I much prefer all new characters, so we can grow to learn what they are like and predict what they might do and what may happen.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Worth watching for me

It's interesting how preferences differ. It's totally the opposite for me; I actually do enjoy the "all-stars"-type Survivors, probably because I had already invested my time and interest in some of those contestants and was previously left disappointed that some of them didn't win (Rupert, Stephenie, Amanda[mmmmm, Amanda], Russell).
So this seems like a last chance for some (subjectively) deserving contestants to maybe win this time.
And I bet I'm not alone. I'm sure CBS researched their market and realized that similar sentiment prevails, at least in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I like these "greatest hits" episodes because you can get into the characters right away. You know who they are and whether or not you'll like them. I find with every new Surivor series, it always takes about 3-4 episodes for me to warm up to it.

But I'll agree with NeilD's first point. That the strategizing conversations are the best thing about the show (well other than the bikini clad women wrestling each other.:eek:). And more often than not the strategizing is not given enough time on the show

1 - 20 of 163 Posts