Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 176 Posts

·
Banned
321 Posts
hugh said:
We watched it tonight and that was our first impression. I found this one of the poorer episodes in the first 6 seasons.

EXACTLY it was the worst episode ever but i am glad tony is dieing...didn't feel one bit sorry for him...i almost cried about the prison break guy getting excuted(lincon?) but not for tony...werid

·
Registered
686 Posts
That last episode was definitely NOT a linear narrative....I think people who appreciate a beginning, a middle, and an ending to a TV show will be annoyed watching Sopranos. Personally, I didn't mind it....I though it was clever the way the circling helicopter connected the dream world to the "real" world of the trauma centre....

By the way, I don't think Tony is dying.....he's too mean to die.

:cool:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Great episode last night.
We are really starting to see just what makes all these guys tick. The greed, the greed and the greed. I am guessing that even Tony is going to start to see everything for what it really is.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
I was expecting you to say last night's episode was the 2nd worse ever. To me, both episodes were so similiar (both good) that you either loved them or hated them.

Based upon next weeks preview (wait for the video on hbo.com) next weeks episode looks very good. Wont ruin it for anybody.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Preview for episode 69: The Fleshy part of the Thigh, is now on HBO.com

Just click on video in the sopranos section and then select episode 69 when the window pops up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did you all get the relevance of Tony's "dream" state name?
KevIN FINNITRY.
I figured out two weeks ago that "infinnitry" could be related to his death....for "infinity". I couldn't assign the KEV part of the anogram. Anyone else?

I'm not sure if old Tony still has all his oars in the water. He is one heck of an actor!

Oh, and by the way. 2 product placements tonight....apple computers and dunkin donuts!

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
North_of_Calgary said:
My vote is: eps 2 was the worst ever, eps 3 the second worst.
Really............parts of ep. 3 were hilarious with Paulie. Paulie yapping away about his old boxing days..........and in Tony's coma pounding the wall to shut up.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
I liked episode #3 much better.

Interesting parts:

Sil having a heart attack, (which I thought was going to happen when he was sitting on the John since that's seems to be a Sopranos modus operandi)

Paulie being kicked in the balls

The look on Paulie and Vito's face when Carmela turned to watch them go. I think this will be big. I suspect that after Tony recovers, Meadow / Carmela and Tony will be talking about that incident and Meadow will bring up the whole bisexual thing. SHould be interesting.

I don't get the whole movie thing but should provide some interest.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
hugh said:
The look on Paulie and Vito's face when Carmela turned to watch them go. I think this will be big. I suspect that after Tony recovers, Meadow / Carmela and Tony will be talking about that incident and Meadow will bring up the whole bisexual thing. SHould be interesting.
I agree with you Hugh; I think this was a pivotal scene. I think we are going to see what Carmela is really made of. I expect her to become much more of a 'woman behind the man' character and to push Tony to clamp down on the rogue elements in his crew. Bloodshed ahead! And Carmela no longer able to pretend that she is not part of it. I think they will really start to work as a team now. As others have stated, it could bring at least one of the kids in too.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
hugh said:
I don't get the whole movie thing but should provide some interest.
The movie thing is part of continuing series of 'in jokes' on the Sopranos. The writers always poke fun at their industry and their own kind.

Chris' writer buddy screaming "A room full of writers and none of you did anything!"

Hollywood movie studios are all about return on investment. They've long wanted to reproduce Blair Witch Project type numbers where a movie costs zero to make and has a big box office. The profit margin for them on such things is insane. There have been a few repeats of that, most recently Hostel.

The studios have noticed, and are now falling over themselves trying to copy this. We will be subjected to a flood of low budget shock pics all geared to this ROI formula. That's what is being mocked in this story arc. "Cleaver" = "Saw" in case anyone missed that.

·
Super Moderator
6,436 Posts
She's talking about Vito...the one that lost lots of weight. He was seen by Meadows boyfriend on the construction site one morning giving H - - D to a security guard.

61 - 80 of 176 Posts