Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
biglyle,

in my fav. episode of all time..........there is no proof anybody got whacked. The russian supposdely should be dead though.

The Pine something ep. where Chris and Paulie and stuck in a forest.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
^ Not just the best Sopranos episode ever but one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV. "Pine Barrons" had my laughing out loud. Just thinking of it now and Paulie saying he lost a shoe makes me chuckle.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Episode 2 was a keeper. Glad to see the this season is back on track. The preview for next week's show is interesting.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
james99 said:
Episode 2 was a keeper. Glad to see the this season is back on track. The preview for next week's show is interesting.
I thought this was one of the weaker shows ever - it reminded me of Six Feet Under, not the Sopranos. The dream sequences are starting to get rather tiresome.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Today's Sun called it the best hour of tv this season.

It was important for setting the foundation for future episodes. Lots happening. Dream sequence might have some future importance or perhaps not.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wayne said:
I thought this was one of the weaker shows ever - it reminded me of Six Feet Under, not the Sopranos. The dream sequences are starting to get rather tiresome.
Really?! SFU was my favourite. Comparing anything to it is high praise. That said, last night's Sopranos was, IMO, outstanding! Best thing I watched all week. Here's hoping for more!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Episode 2 SUCKED IMO

I have to disagree with most of the posters. I thought last night's episode was a piece of $#!% I mean, the opening 15 minutes being his dream sequence. So that's supposed to give us insight into his mental state or something. My dreams are usually totally crazy and sometimes pretty twisted. I sure hope that my wacked out dreams are not indicative of my true life or personality.

I think that dream sequences are a waist of time and are an excuse for writing an actual story. And when we finally did get out of the dream, almost all of the episode was just about everyone crying over Tony. When I watch the show, I'm more interested with what happens with the family business as opposed to his real family.

What a major dissappointment last night's episode was....

The only redeaming factor is that I think it may contribute to how the story progresses in the remaining episodes. For example, it opened the door for AJ to be motivated to get into the family business and get revenge. As I've stated previously, I think the series has to end with the end of Tony's reign as boss. This might give AJ the opportunity to take over. (Although I'm still pulling for the long long long shot of Meadow taking over as skip!)

·
Super Moderator
6,436 Posts
I agree. Yesterday was a bit weird for me. For the first 15 minutes or so, it felt like we missed an episode and was trying to get back on track. Then my wife thought maybe that was the life he could've had if he wasn't in the mob.

The last 1/2 hour was much better. Seeing AJ and Meadow and their reaction opens up a whole lot more questions. I'm starting to hate Chris more and more after what he did (don't want to spoil it for those who haven't watched it yet)

Uncle Paulie is still my favorite. Aside from the opening half hour, it was a very good show.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I thought the episode was good. I hope they end this coma thing by the end of next episode though.

·
Super Moderator
6,436 Posts
It will be. Nobody is ever sick more than one episode....at least in the Sopranos. :eek:

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
For the first 15 minutes or so, it felt like we missed an episode and was trying to get back on trac
We watched it tonight and that was our first impression. I found this one of the poorer episodes in the first 6 seasons.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok. Let's play the "product placement" game! I was only able to catch one last night. Anyone know which one? Hint: it was Sony. Anyone see any others?

Pretty bad when the show is so slow in spots that you notice product placements!

On the other hand, I can hardly wait to see if Anthony bumps off Tony's Uncle.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Lulu123 said:
Ok. Let's play the "product placement" game! I was only able to catch one last night. Anyone know which one?
How about Omni hotels? Or his credit card maybe. Omni hotels wasn't just mentioned randomly - you can bet on that.

Product placement in episode 2 was not bad at all. It was the actually story that I hated.

But as I've posted above, episode 1 was horrific. We should play "who can name the products mentioned in episode 1" and I'm sure we would have a long list. I think I left Remax off of my original posting on that earlier on in this thread.

41 - 60 of 176 Posts