Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
"Lost" last 2 minutes...

Thank you for GLOBAL for hijacking the last two minutes of the ABC feed.

Life on Mars starts at 10PM ET on their network. Guess what...it starts at 10:02 ET on ABC. It should not have even but on the simsub list as far as I'm concerned.:mad:

I am not impressed. That's it...I'm not recording anything from the Eastern US feeds anymore. My Seattle feeds are not hijacked EVER....looks I'll be watching everything a day later now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
denben73, I was ticked too.

I went to see if it was on in SD, but NO. Global had taken over. Then LOST came back on in HD, but had missed the conversation with Locke and Richard. ARGH.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
To fill those in who missed the conversation with Richard and Locke,

Locke told Richard that Jacob sent him, and give him the compass. He tried to explain that he was their leader in the future and he needed to know how to get off the island. Richard wouldn't tell him, so Locke told him when he was born (which was 2 years in the future). Then another flash happened and they were taken back a while (it doesn't appear there is anything on the island).

I don't understand why people don't just record the CTV feed, it's going to be the same thing anyway. That way it can't be screwed up (CTV's broadcast finished at 10 by the way).

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
CTV isn't airing Lost this season. The show ran over an hour on ABC East and Global East HD cut in early with their simsub of a different show. Also, the part you describe wasn't what we missed, I did see that. This is a another great example of a simsub screw up!

-Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
..so Locke told him when he was born (which was 2 years in the future). Then another flash happened and they were taken back a while (it doesn't appear there is anything on the island)...

That was the part I missed before the sim-sub was dropped.

I for one was happy that "A' had LOST this year as they don't broadcast in HD. But tonight.... ARGH. Finally BellTV is telling the truth when it advertises they have ABC-HD.

I think I will tape the rebroadcast @ 12:00

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh the rage the RAGE! I was so PO when it dropped... frantically checking the SD stations, too late.

I'm recording the western feed also.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Sorry I meant 'A', not CTV. I don't have HD so it doesn't really make a difference to me. Now I see where everyone is coming from. I actually forgot that CTV doesn't have it anymore, I was just so used to it airing there.

Where did the Global simsub cut in?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
For us, Persona cut it right when Daniel untied Charlotte's hands, It's set to record at 12:00 for us from the Seattle feed. We get three "A" feeds in our timeshift package up here - Atlantic, Ottawa and Barrie. (3 of those and only one CBC, go figure. But that's for another thread.;) ) I'll probably set it on one of those for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Mine cut out right after Locke tols Richard his birthdate. I recorded a west (SD *ARGH!*) feed to catch the rest.

I am ticked off with Rogers because of this. With the "inconsistent program titles" issue and, now, this, I want west-coast HD for free.

·
Registered
317 Posts
For the second week in a row, I am experiencing picture/sound dropouts during certain scenes on Rogers HDABC channel. It appears to happen right at commercial breaks and and the 'LOST' title. Anything we can do other than recording the West Coast feed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
For the second week in a row, I am experiencing picture/sound dropouts during certain scenes on Rogers HDABC channel. It appears to happen right at commercial breaks and and the 'LOST' title. Anything we can do other than recording the West Coast feed?
I've had the same issue as you described.
However, I can live with that. What REALLY gets under my skin is that I set it to record to 10:05 since last week it didn't end at 10:00.
So this week I'm watching it, again recorded, and OF COURSE if FING stops at 10:00 again so I missed the end of the show 2 weeks in a row.
I didn't have this issue when it was played on CTV, (angry face)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I set the recording to go to 10:05 and it stopped at 10:00. Lucky for me I recorded Life on Mars at 10 so I just started watching that recording to catch the end of Lost. I always record both east and west HD feeds of Lost, because I can never trust the east coast feed.

They'll probably reair this weeks episode next week, like they've been doing so far this season.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Did anyone else hear an issue with the audio in last night's episode? I recorded/watched the ABCHD (Seattle KOMO) airing and found that the centre channel was missing most of the treble or mixed improperly as the front left/right channels.

Just wondering if it was a network issue or a provider issue (Shaw).

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I noticed that the voices seemed to have too much bass with the Seattle HD feed as well. I could still hear OK, but it was just different from the other shows I was watching. Perhaps someone who watched the Eastern feed could chime in with their observations.

For those of you with simsub issues, I would phone your provider and complain. They shouldn't be cutting off the last 2 minutes of the previous show. If they can't delay the simsub time for 2 minutes, then they shouldn't be allowed to simsub that hour.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Mark, I had the exact same thing on Bell Expressvu 9242 on the ABC East feed.

I even removed my Amp and Centre Channel to make sure the cat did not somehow dislodge the wires walking behind

I ended up watching the epsiode in 6 CH stereo to make it sound 1/2 decent.

·
Registered
219 Posts
thank god for bittorrent. i just downloaded the latest version to get the last 2 minutes.

i think we should put the pirates in charge of the tv stations - they actually give a **** about the shows and would put in the time necessary to make sure the guides are correct and shows are labelled properly and that there are no drop-outs etc. funny how the amateurs do a better job than the professionals.

john

·
Registered
648 Posts
Check your PVR's!

Just checked my Bell PVR and it was set to skip Lost tonight because the guide data said the original air date was yesterday.

41 - 60 of 276 Posts