Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ah, I don't think Chuck is anywhere as clueless as Max and I don't recall 99 ever kicking some serious butt like Sarah.
Its not your fathers Oldsmobile but still a car. The ring and kaos, secret hideout. Bumbling male spy, competent knockout female who loves the less than perfect man. Max's DNA is definitely in Chuck.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I third that

It would have been a perfect ending for the series. With the two leads now one the sidekicks are going to have to carry the show. Which I really look forward to. More screwball less screwing I say!:)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I *think* I'm allowed to post this here according to the modified forum rules - Amazon.ca currently has the Season 2 Blu-Ray set on sale for $34.99 which is a lot lower than any price I've seen before.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Personally I love this series...and it appears to me that it has set itself up for either a kidnapping (perhaps while one of them makes a movie) or have two storylines going at the same time.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Overall I was quite pleased with the finale, and am curious to see where season 4 goes. Even had a random "evil laugh" in there that had my brother and I laughing a fair bit. :)

Found it amusing that they also proved old technology can be useful. While it was shown earlier in the season when they had to break into the base under the Buy-More, we saw a closer view of Casey's door code-cracking device. Sure enough, it's a Creative ZEN Vision: W MP3 player. I had one of those a while back. :)

·
Banned
296 Posts
Just like they did for season 2 finale, they didn't end on a cliffhanger ("to be concluded"), but instead closed the storylines and opened the door to a new one for next season. The producers probably shot a different ending if Chuck wasn't going to be renewed? We'll never know.

Also, Casey's daughter (Alex) kick ass, she'll probably end up on team Bartowski next season?

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
If the show was actually canceled, I'm pretty sure they would have just cut out the end sequence starting from when Chuck got the text to go to his computer. Without that sequence, it would have been a great end to the series (given that Chuck had announced his resignation to Beckman). That's probably why they didn't aim for a true "cliffhanger" ending, since they knew it would annoy the fans if it didn't get renewed for season 4.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
So, shall we start a poll as to who do you want/who do you think will play Chuck and Ellie's mom next season?

I'm hoping it's Lynda Carter. Because she looks so much like Ellie.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
If the show was actually canceled, I'm pretty sure they would have just cut out the end sequence starting from when Chuck got the text to go to his computer. Without that sequence, it would have been a great end to the series (given that Chuck had announced his resignation to Beckman). That's probably why they didn't aim for a true "cliffhanger" ending, since they knew it would annoy the fans if it didn't get renewed for season 4.
Given that the producers didn't know if the series would be renewed until well after the Season 2 finale aired and still went with the "Hey guys, I know kung-fu" cliffhanger this might have not been the case. They might have wanted to go with the "as one door closes, another opens" type ending. Personally, if the show had been cancelled, I would have stopped it right after Chuck says "oh boy" and devoted the extra 90 seconds to a scene between Chuck, Ellie, and Sarah occurring right before the ending.

Very happy we get a fourth season though. This is the first show that actually has me writing about it on fan boards.

61 - 80 of 152 Posts