Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I am happy that I was wrong ... while David Archuleta may have won the night on Tuesday, David Cook won night after night during the season and really did deserve to be the new American Idol. Congratulations David!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Wow! I'm surprised America actually got the vote right. Saner heads prevailed over the preteen girl votes who were all ga-ga over David A.

And one thing that I was annoyed with last night - Amanda Overmeyer phoned in all of her performances. She looked awkward and definitely did not want to be there. She was the only disappointment in an otherwise great finale.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I was actually impressed with the finale last night. I usually watch the result shows and the season finales in about 10 minutes, but I found myself watching most of it last night instead of FastForwarding through it all.

I also think Simon checked some websites and thought "Ooops, I was wrong, I better throw out a new spin on it tonight"

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Congrat's to The Cookster......Well Deserved....Don't think David A's parents looked to thrilled with the announcement.....Have to admit I thought the kid was going to win as well

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
So james, this will become a new series on Fox: Stage dad from hell? :eek:

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
What I noticed in last nights show was how good the two david's and Micheal John sounded compared to everyone else. Brooke sounded pretty good as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
As long as you're in the top 10 and have good appearance and personality, I think they have it made anyways.

On the other hand, be at the other end of the spectrum and still make it big....as in William Hung. :eek:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
I like Brooke but thank god she had the teleprompter to look at when she sang with Nash or she for sure would have forgotten the words..she had her eyes glued to it ....Still did a good job however

161 - 172 of 172 Posts