Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another year gang.....lets see if they can improve upon last year...so far the talent looks good from what we've seen.....Kinda diggin' that rockin biker chick;)

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
Is it just me or she has a Bonnie Tyler kinda look, in a way?

·
Registered
756 Posts
If you are recording tonight - the early showing ran a few minutes (at least) over the scheduled time for Shaw. Quick - set the 9:00 recording to extend a while.

My kids will have to wait until tommorrow to find out the last member of the final 24.

·
Registered
208 Posts
hehe... well another year indeed.

There is some good talent for sure.

I felt bad for Joshaia(sp) the kid that was sleeping in his car... but I agreed with the decision.

What blew me away tonight was Simon when he gave his speech about jpw he completely disagreed with the decision with the last two boys and how he thought the kid(political wannabe in the tie) earned the opportunity to move on.

Should be an interesting season!

·
Registered
689 Posts
How is this an issue? One of the guys from McMaster and James was on Canadian Idol a couple of years ago, and that would have been a much bigger deal than this.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
I think they booted the right 4 tonight, and hoping that the rocker nurse leaves next week, and the gay kid that sang Jailhouse Rock.

Funny that they showed Paula's music video rather than have her perform the song live because she probably would have lip-synched the entire thing.

Early favourite for me: Remeile Malubay.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like that Rocker Nurse chick she's got that Janis Joplin persona and voice......enough to win AI outright...NAH......but at least to the top 12

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Well, as Simon said about the rocker chick a week or two ago. All songs sound the same from her.

It was a fast execution for the first kid last night.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I love John Lennon, I hate people that try to cover him..But, that version was incredible.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Agree with you Cap, I love Lennon, but most people who cover his work do a piss-poor job. But that kid's version of Imagine was fantastic. My wife was so moved by it that she actually started crying (not Paula Abdul blubbering). But then again, my lovely wife cries at the end of every episode of Ghost Whisperer, so...

But really, that rendition of Imagine was incredible.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Have to say I loved that version of Imagine. It was better than the original IMHO!

I don't know who came up with that arrangement using the accoustic guitar, but it was a masterstroke. If Archuleta came up with that idea himself then he should forget about Idol and sign with a record company right now.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts