Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
First thing, on your bill, you will still see that Hd extra because it will depend when you are bill and when the service will be implemented. So, on your bill, you will see the HD extra at full cost, but on the next invoice, you will see a credit for that. (To be sure, you will have to call customer service)

Example: You are billed each first day of the month. The service will be put the 7. So you still have the HD extra for 6 days, so you gonna be charge for 6 days.

And the new structure is implement on 20-25 000 illico each day. Vidéotron cannot change all that in one day because too much for the system. So, it have to do it by step.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I called Videotron twice about the new HD Acess Fee....they said last Thursday that I would have it by Friday....but still nothing. Just got off the phone with them again...they said I gotta wait till Wednesday now....they said they have to send a technician to hook it up on the telephone pole...is that right? I thought they just had to add the channels via the head office.... ???

·
Registered
195 Posts
GooseMan, you just have to ask to add your HD channel and they will be done at the customer service and Vidéotron doesn't have to send a technician...

Just say, if they're answer is no, to look at there multimag and read the info there...

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah...I just asked customer service...they said they would add it...but did not yet! Anyone else get their new HD channels yet?

I'll try again tomorrow....

·
Registered
602 Posts
not good... was watching American Idol last night and afterwords, as usual went into guide to schedule my recordings for the week.

When I tried to record something on TMN HD (711) for thursday it said I must subscribe to the channel to record something from it. I have ala carte 20 channels and added TMN this summer. So I exited and tried to switch to channel 711 and sure enough it said to call to get this channel. checked all my HD channels and I was no longer getting NBC HD or CBS HD. makes me a not happy guy.

I have the non-HD versions of these channels and they work fine. Will of course have to spend half my lunch hour trying to reach someone at customer service... I am so not happy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can get TMN with the a la carte channels? Like, you can choose it as one of your channels...or you chose one of them movie packages?

Cause I dont seem to be able to choose TMN as a single channel....unless I'm crazy...

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a followup to my post of a few days back...

I checked my invoice online to confirm whether any charges have been added for the 2 additional SD channels that were once part of the HD extra package.

I previously had:
-Basic digital service ($12.99)
-Network access fee ($2.99)
-20 channels à la carte ($21.99)
-HD extra - which also included 2 additional SD channels at no charge ($5.99)

Now:
-Basic digital service ($12.99)
-Network access fee ($2.99)
-20 channels à la carte ($21.99) - but I still have the 2 channels that came with HD extra at no extra charge (i.e. 22 channels instead of only 20)
-HD network access fee ($2.99)

·
Super Moderator
11,116 Posts
Good for you. I suspect they grandfathered you. If you make a change to your lineup you could very well lose that bonus.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I doubt that they'll keep it that way, I'm sure when they apply the profiles, you'd lose those channels.

I bet you if you check "Channels I receive" list, you won't find those two channels listed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I just got my new bill with invoice date Feb. 09, 2007.

I had elected to accept the HD Network Access Fee so I could keep having my HD channels.

My basic digital service used to be $12.99 a month.

On this invoice, the basic digital service for March 01 to March 14 is $5.87 (14 days at $0.42/day) and from March 15 to March 31, it is $7.67 ($0.45/day). No doubt, this fee is fixed by the month, and not by the number of days per month.

It would appear that the monthly rate for basic digital service is going up by close to a dollar. It was my understanding that the HD Network Access Fee of $3.00/month was the only thing being added.

Has anyone else noticed this extra dollar per month on basic digital service?

UPDATE: No sooner had I posted when the mailman passed with a letter from Videotron announcing the new $1 charge added to digital basic service. I suppose this would have happened with or without the new HD Access Fee.

This new HD Access Fee has resulted in the following being added: TVAHD, CTVHD, GLOHD, TSNHD, and CITHD. Of these 5 stations, TSNHD is the only speciality channel amongst them and I get it because I have TSN in low definition as part of my "20 channel a la carte".

CITHD is the only new channel I am seeing for the first time as all the others are available in SD.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts