Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Videotron last week announced the introduction of illico Caller ID, a new feature that will enable customers who subscribe to both Videotron’s cable telephone service and its illico Digital TV service to see the names and numbers of callers on their television screen.

Any subscriber to Videotron cable telephone service with the Call Display feature who has a compatible illico set-top box can sign up for the illico Caller ID option. All recent illico set-top boxes support illico Caller ID.
Flexible functionalities

Illico Caller ID adjusts to the customer’s lifestyle. For example, subscribers can deactivate it while watching a movie, use it on several illico set-top boxes, or have two telephone lines and manage the numbers independently using the call log.

Illico Caller ID can be added to Videotron cable telephone service for $2 per month, with the first three months free. illico Digital TV subscribers who are also subscribed to Videotron cable telephone service with the 5-feature package can add illico Caller ID at no extra charge.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
The big question I would like to know is....is the caller ID data transmitted over the cable line, or is there a port on the back of the set top box that you have to plug a phone line into in order to use this service.

If its over the cable line...thats awesome and hope it comes to Shaw Land in the next 25 years.... I won't hold my breath.

Anyone know how this would work - I guess the DCT is coded to your account and phone number?

Shawguy

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's transmitted over cable. My friend has it.. it appears in a little box on the top of the screen in classic crappy Videotron fonts. On a HD channel with a nice SD quality caller ID. Looks pretty bad.

However, it's functional.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts