Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bell Media and iHeartMedia Sign Exclusive Partnership to Expand iHeartRadio into Canada - Bell Media

Bell Media and iHeartMedia today announced an exclusive new partnership that will bring the iHeartRadio brand to Canada in 2016.

The iHeartRadio digital service in Canada will showcase content from Bell Media, Canada’s largest radio broadcaster with 106 licensed radio stations in 54 markets across the country.

Upon launch, iHeartRadio in Canada will provide instant access to the live radio feature offering listeners throughout Canada all of Bell Media’s broadcast and digital-only radio stations across mobile, auto dashes, tablets and smartphones, gaming consoles, wearables, and more. The partnership will also bring iHeartRadio-branded events to Canada.

iHeartRadio is currently available across the U.S., Australia and New Zealand, with Canada to follow later this year.

This article explains much more than the press release:
iHeartRadio joins Canada's streaming market through partnership with Bell - The Globe and Mail

·
Registered
738 Posts
A local Bell station in Fredericton, 106.9 Capital FM, was dropped from TuneIn last week. Thus it's unavailable on Sonos.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with iHeartRadio. Are other Bell channels being dropped from TuneIn?

·
Super Moderator
16,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know anything about TuneIn, but I saw this post:
Corus got very protective and regional with their radio stations. Now, none are available on TuneIn Radio app, which is a drag 'cause that was how you could listen to Q107 Toronto outside the country. After removing their stations from TuneIn, they launched their own app, which is "unavailable" outside Canada.
It makes me think it might be related to copyright. It could be something they were planning anyway, or it could be that iHeartRadio will be the exclusive non-broadcast distributor.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Ah, that's it. I was just on the TuneIn site, and other Bell channels are still playing there, while Capital FM is listed but won't play.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
580 Posts
The Sheraton Grand Ballroom? Sounds like they are expecting dozens of people!!
It's during Canadian Music Week and at the event's Hotel. It's aimed at contest winners and industry insiders. In fact, it's just a re-brand of a concert they hold every year. (CHUM FM Fanfest)

·
Super Moderator
16,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beginning This Weekend, New Countdown Show The iHeartRadio TOP 20 Delivers the Week's Biggest Hits, Only on Virgin Radio

In advance of the upcoming launch of its new app, iHeartRadio Canada announced the appointment of Andrea Collins as its official English Canada Ambassador and the launch of the new weekend countdown show The iHeartRadio TOP 20. Hosted by Collins and launching this weekend, The iHeartRadio TOP 20 features the top hits getting airplay each week from coast-to-coast-to-coast, interviews with the artists behind the hits, and the latest celebrity news and gossip.

Also announced today, ENERGIE Montréal 94.3 personality Patrick Langlois was named for iHeartRadio Ambassador in French Canada.

The iHeartRadio TOP 20 will air nationwide on Virgin Radio stations in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, London, Kitchener, Toronto, Montréal, and Halifax.

·
Super Moderator
16,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
iHeartRadio Now Available in Canada: Free Streaming Service Brings Canadians Biggest and Best Music Experience

Bell Media announced today that North America’s fastest growing digital audio service iHeartRadio is now available in Canada during a special preview period, before it’s official launch on Monday, Oct. 10. Featuring streaming channels and sought-after music events, the digital radio service is absolutely free to Canadians via iOS and Android apps, and at iHeartRadio.ca. With instant access to hundreds of stations including listener favourites like Virgin Radio, TSN Radio, Newstalk stations, and many more, the new and easy-to-use iHeartRadio Canada digital service showcases an unparalleled amount of music, news/talk, comedy, and sports content from Bell Media, Canada’s largest radio broadcaster with 105 licensed English and French radio stations, plus more than 100 additional curated streaming music channels to suit every taste… with many more announcements to come.

Superstar Artists Light Up Canada's Inaugural iHeartRadio Jingle Ball, November 25 at Toronto's Air Canada Centre

·
Registered
72 Posts
My favorite station, CFRB1010 talk radio has changed to iHeart. I'm concerned we are going to get corporate driven, washed down american style topics now. Well, Bell owned it previously so not sure anything will change much. So much for independent radio stations.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I hear the "An iHeart Radio Station" slogan on a few radio stations that I frequently listen to but I have not noticed anything washed down with those stations. To me my usual stations seem great and I continue to enjoy them as before. I dispise people who crap talk something just because of someone elses opinion instead of them listening themself and forming their own opinions.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts