Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,434 Posts
@bluedrongo. I don't know where you're located, since you haven't (hadn't) put that information under your UserCP - Edit Details - Location.

You need to click the Availability box, fill in the information, then you'll be taken to the various packages/channels.

Edit - since you're in Atlantic Canada, I've moved these posts to that thread.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@57,

Thanks, I didn't realize I had not filled out my location, I thought I had.
Am in New Brunswick so definitely not Ontario.

As for the availability box, it does take me to the various packages and channels but it does not differentiate between SD and HD.
So once again, my apologies.

·
Super Moderator
56,434 Posts
You have to scroll through the channel list and see what's HD. At the left side of the channel list you should see "HD" beside/under the individual channel.

I scrolled through the list and almost everything was HD here in Ontario, except for many multicultural channels.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@57,

I don't see HD listed with any channels. Perhaps the Ontario website is set up differently to New Brunswick.
Here I am getting lots of dead links with errors.
I suppose the best thing for me to do is email rogers or have another chat and ask how many of the channels in the Ignite Flex 5 are HD.
Ignite Flex 5 isn't even listed on the NB site.

Thanks for moving the thread.

·
Super Moderator
56,434 Posts
In Ontario we have Premier, Popular, Flex 10 and Starter. If I click on the Channels Tab, it shows which channels are in each package, which channels are Flex Channels (Included and allowed) and an HD (or SD) indication in the channel box on the left...

·
Registered
113 Posts
@57,

Ok the penny has finally dropped with me. I had not been looking at the channels tab. I'd been looking at the channels for each package and those are just thumbnails with no channel numbers or SD/HD info.
Thanks for persevering with me. It's much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Glad you got it sorted. :)

My mother in law has had Ignite TV For a couple months now and is very happy with it. With the issues I've been having with Fibe recently, I'm finding some parts of Ignite work better. Plus the On Demand selection is way better.

I think you'll like the service.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It look like that Zap2it haven't add the Ignite TV listing for New-Brunswick, the only way to get it is to use a Toronto postal code.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@ Tridus, Thanks, I hope you're right.
It's getting installed next Thursday, can hardly wait.
One thing I noticed when looking at the addons is that timeshifting has separate Canadian and USA addons.
Bell gives you all of them including the US superchannels KTLA etc.
Being able to swap out 5 flex channels immediately will pretty much give me everything I want.
Price for the bundle was excellent.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ignite TV was installed a few hours ago, I have Flex5 which is pretty much basic +5 flex channels which I have already swapped over.
Only thing I need now is timeshifting.
First thing that I noticed was the quality of the picture, it is so much better than the picture I was getting with my Bell satellite.
The remote works well and the guide is pretty good.
Even the voice part of the remote works much better than I had expected.
Demand seems very good too, am starting to wonder if there's much point in recording anything if you can watch it on demand although I have no idea how long they keep shows on demand.
Anyway, so far it has been a very positive experience.

·
Super Moderator
56,434 Posts
Demand seems very good too, am starting to wonder if there's much point in recording anything if you can watch it on demand although I have no idea how long they keep shows on demand.
Some on-demand programming doesn't allow for FF or other features, whereas recording the programme does. You would need to watch commercials on most "non-premium" channels on demand. (Crave being premium).

41 - 52 of 52 Posts