Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh wow that’s truly disappointing for you guys I really thought something would happen by now. It’s alot better then the Nextbox crap.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i just talk to Rogers only problem with ignite TV is once you port your phone number you can port back to Bell that is no go for me if you want to play the game to get a better deal

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My mother in law got a flyer from her apartment building about Ignite being available in Fredericton. We're going to look at it this weekend, the advertised price is still highly competitive with Bell and would save her money for what she uses.
@jack021 - what do you mean, you can't port the number back? Wouldn't that break a CRTC regulation if they refuse to release the number?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm currently creating a spreadsheet with the data available on Roger's website for the channel lineup for Ignite TV for New-Brunswick (Fredericton), But I notice there's a few channel missing compare to the regular cable lineup.

Also I notice on the list that the OnDemand channel are not listed, are they now on app instead of regular channel digit? I guest the same thing happen with FM radio channels.

And I see that MétéoMédia is Flex in the English market, does that mean that The Weather Network will be Flex in the French market? That would be great if it does.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
They're both VoIP at this point and have been for a while. If Rogers can port the number over, they should be able to release it. Sounds pretty sketchy.

My mother in law's install is on Thursday. Her building got a flyer with a sales rep to call, and she got a deal off the listed website price. For someone on a fixed income, that's pretty nice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello Tridus I was told once your number is port to Rogers you can't port back to Bell I just talk to Rogers and now the rep is telling me that you can port back your number to to bell thanks it's because hi play the game if you want a better deal. You can tell them you're switching providers,They don't believe you until they see your number port. thanks

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts
Whenever you port your number you should never contact your current provider because you may lose the number if you do that. It's always the responsibility of your "new" provider to contact your existing provider and initiate the port. This would include a situation where you "port back".

This is the procedure for porting, per the CRTC, etc. The only time a port is not typically done is if you were moving to a different location and (the old) area code didn't apply to that (new) location, although, theoretically you could still get your "old" number, but then you'd be long distance relative to your new location.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hello Tridus I was told once your number is port to Rogers you can't port back to Bell I just talk to Rogers and now the rep is telling me that you can port back your number to to bell thanks it's because hi play the game if you want a better deal. You can tell them you're switching providers,They don't believe you until they see your number port. thanks
Oh okay. I get it now. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Initial reaction from my mother in law was that Ignite TV was "complicated", but after a couple of days she's got it figured out and is pretty happy. My wife checked it out and was really impressed, especially with how much better then On Demand section is for channels like Food compared to Bell.

In fact, she told me she wants to switch. I think the Internet end is still slower (not that my mother in law would notice, it's more than enough for her), but overall it seems like quite a good service and is definitely much stronger competition than the old Rogers service.

Glad to see it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went to hey rogers Store the other day and I checked ignite TV it is a nice system but the are missing a lot french HD channel I think rogers is missing a nice opportunity for the French community of North and acadian Peninsula of New Brunswick compared to Bell I hope rogers is going to fix the Problem

·
Registered
383 Posts
^^
I'm sure they will switch the SD channels to HD later, don't forget that they just rolling out. According the ignite channel list (Fredericton) on there website, most french channel should be in HD. I'm trying to keep my spreadsheet updated when I can.

And most of them seen to be Flexable, it's great if you want a few of those channels. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have just ordered an ignite tv bundle with Ignite tv flex5, now I am starting to panic as I can't find out which channels are HD.

Can someone point me to a list of Rogers HD channels with their channel numbers?
I have been going around in circles and getting nowhere fast.

Tia

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had the same concern when I switched from Bell a few months ago. Almost all of the channels are HD and they don't have multiples of the same channels anymore to differentiate HD vs Non HD in listings. They don't offer non-HD channels unless an HD version is not available The only channel I get that isn't HD is ESPN Classic Canada everything else is HD.

·
Registered
150 Posts
@mgut,

Thanks for your quick reply, you've certainly eased my fears.
Are you happy with Ignite?
I've had Ignite 150u internet for the past year and have been very happy with it, am hoping the tv part will be equally satisfying.
Which province are you in? Do you get Global tv?
It's in Bell's starter package but can't find it in Rogers.

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts
Here's the link for the Ignite channels. The link in the above post may be for Digital Cable and they are slightly different.

https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels (click the Channels Tab - you may need to enter some address information)

We have a separate thread for Atlantic Canada Ignite, so anyone in this thread should be from Ontario.

·
Registered
150 Posts
@57,

Sorry if I posted in wrong place but am finding it very difficult to find the right place.
Btw, the link you gave doesn't take me to channels, it just takes me back to where I started.
Fill in a box to see availability in your area.

Would appreciate it if you could move this to the correct place.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts