Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Visited this site back when they were announcing the transfer from analog to digital here in Saskatoon, and when CBC said they weren't going to include Saskatoon.

I still have just OTA (I'm cherry picking from legal online sites, iTunes and DVDs) and I use zap2it.com as my TV guide, set to show me all broadcast stations (although some are too far out of the area and I don't know why they list them).
Lately I've noticed CBC and Radio Canada listed again, both as channel 13 on the zap2it.com OTA grid. Global is listed as 4 on that same grid and CTV as 8 and I get the digital signal on those channel numbers.
Does this mean CBC has changed their minds again? Did they quietly flipflop on their decision? Did someone jerry rig a digital transmitter? If not, why is CBC and CTV still listed on the Antenna Broadcast grid, with new numbers?

·
Registered
257 Posts
zap2it is not always accurate. For example: in the Detroit/Windsor area the list CBEFT, which no longer exists. Other stations are listed under the wrong channel

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Zap2it is somewhat notorious for being slow to update their lineups. If nobody reports lineup changes (usually broadcasters or users,) the lineup often won't get updated. I believe there is a link on the Zap2it site to report inaccuracies. It's also possible to customize the lineup to see only the channels required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts