Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
So me and my roommate have Rogers Digital box in our living room, and theres a cable that runs to her bedroom and her tv and she gets different channels like TLC and MTV. I unplugged her tv to connect a splitter so I could also get it on my tv in my room, which worked, but when I reconnected hers she no longer got the extra channels. Can I fix it to make it back to normal?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Give Rogers a call and explain your situation. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to provide you with a way to get those channels back. haha.

Seriously, if you've been getting something you're not entitled to get, then the party is probably over. If this is because you have split a weak signal too much, then by reversing what you've done, you ought to be able to go back to the results you had before.

Okay, to clarify, you have three TVs. One digital box in the living room and two analog signals - one going to your room and the other going to your roommate's room.

Are you using cheap-o dollar store splitters? That could be your problem. Check your Rogers bill and see if it entitles you to up-to-four outlets in your apartment. I don't know exactly how it works, but maybe you're entitle to having a guy come out and put in some decent splitters and run some quality cable in your place. I recently cancelled my Rogers, but I noticed recently on my final bill a line that stated my Rogers cable account entitled me to four outlets.

Back when I was a renter, I remember a Rogers guy coming out to our place and he ended up running TV+internet cables all new wire to various points in our small apartment. And I don't remember getting dinged for any unexpected installation charges. Back in those days I wouldn't have been able to afford an unexpected service charge. But it was a long time ago and maybe circumstances were different. I seem to recall that it was my using a cheap dollar-store splitter and my having relocated my computer to a different room that screwed everything up. Back then I didn't understand about quality of cables and splitters being important and effecting your results as far as TV and internet reception are concerned. My guess is the cable guy could have dinged me for the visit since it was my fault. He was probably able to jusitify the "free" visit because I was probably entitled to the extra outlets anyway.

Maybe there's a cable guy here that can explain what happened to me and what is happening to you.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts