Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched over to the g4 I phone this week from a Blackberry and have set up 3 email accounts. One is a Rogers account and works fine. The other 2 are from my company's email. Everytime I try to delete messages I get an error message saying something to the tune that the device cant put the message in the trash and then they repopulate.
My Blackberry never had this problem, yet when I dealt with Rogers tech staff they are saying it is on my end.

First they told me to delete everything in the deleted box out of my Outlook. I was not to keen on that as I generally put my emails in there after reading and delete once the project had been completed some time down the road. What I did was make a new folder and move all the deleted items out freeing up the deleted folder. Still I can not get rid of emails from those 2 accounts on the i phone.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening, and is it Rogers issue to make it work? as I said, my Blackberry never had this issue....ever

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Using your deleted folder as an archive is not good practice. You should setup folders for email that you want out of your "inbox" but may want in the future.

Anyways, this isn't likely the problem. Are you using Microsoft Exchange? If so, it sounds like there is a configuration issue that will need to be resolved by your company's IT department. It sounds to me like your iPhone does not have access to the 'deleted' folder in outlook - which is where is it supposed to go.

Check with other iPhone users at your office to compare notes. I don't think Rogers has anything to do with this - but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Try this.

On the Phone goto Settings
Click Mail, Contacts, Calenders
Click on your Email Account (You will have to do them seperately I believe)
Click Account
Scroll down to Advanced
Click Deleted Mailbox
Now scroll down to the Trash/Deleted Items folder for your account.

See if that works for you.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your a genius. So now why is it that you knew to do this but a Rogers tech support would not?

Can you explain what it is I did. I see other folders in there that remain unclicked. What did I instruct the software to do?

I also wonder why my Rogers account never had the issue?

Thanks again

·
Registered
116 Posts
The only thing you did was tell the Iphone where you wanted to put your trash when you deleted it. You could have setup a new folder called "Iphone trash" and it would have put in that folder so you be able to know what you've deleted from your phone as compared to say Outlook.

You can do the same for your drafts as well as Sent Items.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts