Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what happened. I used the phome all day for listening to music and the power was at about 50% and then while watching TV I was just moving around checking out a few apps and then it went black and I cant get it back on. I plugged it in to power up but I know it had at least 40% or more of power left. It still refuses to start up. 5 have heard you can hold doen the main power button and the home button simultaneously and it should start up. If I do this will I lose anything in the phone?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Very odd.

Plug it in - make sure you're using an Apple power adapter and the Apple USB cable - press and hold Power and Home for 10 seconds and then release both.

If it doesn't fire up, something went sour inside; if you're manufacturing a few hundred thousand units every single week, every now and then, there's bound to be a weak solder or something. Take it back to Rogers/Bell/Telus or call Apple and they should swap it out right away.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
press and hold the “Home” button and plug your iPhone into a Mac or PC with iTunes installed. Keep holding the “Home” button until you see a dock cable pointing to the iTunes icon. iPhones running older software will display a yellow triangle and text which says “Please Connect to iTunes”. Once you see this image, you can release the Home button.

Then recover

http://www.iphonealley.com/tips/save-your-iphone-with-recovery-mode

·
Registered
628 Posts
It sounds like it crashed. If you hold down the HOME and POWER button for more than 20 seconds, it will just restart, nothing will be lost.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i did the above recovery i posted above last nite for a friends ipod touch. Worked flawlessly... Seems nothing worked till i used the itunes with the docking cable. Worth a try.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i got a new iphone 4 had it 3 days. just finished talking on it and then the screen went black.. couldnt do nothing with it.. problem was the phone still worked it just was the screen was dead had to talk it back to apple, they gave me a new one.. so maybe your phone is still working but with no screen..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pushed both buttons and it re started and everything is fine. I suppose it's no different than the Blackberries getting the never ending hour glass

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts