Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My builder is so nice and is including all of my speakers (in wall) 7.1 all I have to buy is a sub, so I figured, why not.. so I purchased:

Velodyne 400 Watt 12" Subwoofer Model: DLS-4000R

I heard Velo's are top of the line and I will NOT be disappointed in a 13x17 room. Did I make the right choice?

BTW: I paid $350 for it from Futureshop.

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
According to the PDF from Velodyne, the sub is a 200W "continuous" (RMS?) / 400W "dynamic" unit with a 12" driver and a frequency response of "25-120Hz 3dB" (but not "+/-3dB", so it's not clear whether the -3dB point is actually at 25Hz).

The specs sound reasonable for a new sub at that price point and, in a 13'x17' enclosed room, it should provide some solid bass.

Set it up, calibrate your system and see how everything sounds. If the sub doesn't do it for you, return it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it's not enclosed though :( 3 corners and open to the rear of the listening area. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
107 Posts
From the size of your room that's a nice sub you just need to have patience and calibrate between your sub and amp , and i think that at the end of the day you gonna be happy with it , but like eljay said if you feel that's something is missing or you are not satisfied with the sound you can always go bigger ( the Velodyne Accoustics 15 witch can be a little boomey ) or find a SVS in mint condition ( this can be very hard to find in Canada ) but i think you gonna be happy with the upgrade you just made

1 - 5 of 5 Posts