Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edited from press release

Hulu today officially launched Hulu Plus, the first and only internet video subscription service to stream full current seasons and a deep library of back seasons of hit TV shows from ABC, FOX, NBC, and more, in HD, to computers, internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, mobile phones, and tablets, all for $7.99 per month.

Hulu Plus will be available through a wide variety of devices that have an installed base of over 50 million in the U.S.

Connected TV and Blu-Ray players: Samsung, Sony BRAVIA HDTVs and connected Blu-ray Disc Players, and coming soon: LG Electronics, Panasonic, VIZIO
Connected Set-top Boxes: Roku, Sony Network Media Player, and coming soon: TiVo Premiere DVRs, Western Digital's WD TV Live Hub Media Center and WD TV Live Plus Network Media Player

Gaming Consoles: PlayStation 3, and coming soon: Xbox 360

Mobile Devices: Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod touch

Other network appliances: Sony Dash

HD-available programs will stream to users in 720p high definition on HD-capable devices. Hulu will continue to announce additional supported devices and platforms in the coming months.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So can someone subscribe using a VPN service.

Anyone in Canada currently subscribing?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We know its not available in Canada. My question is whether anyone in Canada is using it via a VPN service.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'd sign up...but our CAP's being what they are it's hard. Might combine it with some OTA.

Very interested to hear if anyone is using a VPN service for it though...

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
What are the odds that a Canadian variant eventually shows up (a la Netflix)?

Are we better off hoping for a completely independent Canadian attempt at a similar service? This is what I had hoped Rogers on Demand Online would be, but so far that's not looking likely.

Or maybe Google TV will take off and make a single service irrelevant. I can dream, right?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the odds that a Canadian variant eventually shows up
Zero. I highly doubt Bell, Rogers and Shaw will bring their networks and stations together to offer this to consumers. they want to bundle it all with their wireless and television distribution.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
If a proxy is being used, why not just go to the US network sites or TV.com? They are free and current but the programming includes commercials.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys can we please stick to the topic at hand?

Anyone using this service in Canada or know anyone who does?

·
Registered
702 Posts
hugh,

I am using hulu with a vpn, but have yet to try to premium service. I can give it a go. have to see what payment methods they have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts