Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HTC has confirmed its next batch of Android updates, with Android Honeycomb coming through the pipe for some of the most popular devices of the past few months. An HTC spokesperson told SlashGear that "We are excited to announce that the Desire HD, Desire Z, Desire and Incredible S will receive the Gingerbread update in Q2."
This should make owners of these phones very happy. I think it's particularly impressive that HTC is updating the Desire, which already got a FroYo update. It seems like HTC might be the one Android manufacturer who actually gets it right now.

Keep in mind that the Q2 timeline is only for release to carriers, after which it will have to pass Telus or Bell's certification process.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Is it mandatory for carrier to pick up latest update, or can they decide that their customers are not worthy of it?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Looks like my switch from moto to htc is becoming even more inevitable. When their dual core 2.3 phone comes out, GOODBYE MOTO!

"...they decide that their customers are not worthy of it" This part is correct, from telus at least. It has been painful waiting for the 2.2 update for my milestone.

·
Registered
145 Posts
elmaj, maybe it's a Moto issue. My Desire was updated to Froyo back in September. I think. Might have been October.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I dont think it is. The droid, which is the milestone in the states, has had 2.2 since last august. Just lazy telus wanting you to sign another contract and suck more money out of you instead of updating an older smartphone.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
YA HTC i love you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts