Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nokia N95 started giving problems since last night when my 11 month daughter put it in her mouth. I am getting my faint audio, keys are on phone not working properly. So may be i will buy a new phone from Roger$.
Which phone is a better deal when it comes to features and quality?
Should I get Android HTC Dream/Magic or Iphone?
I will appreciate your suggestions.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Without having a good idea of why you would want one or another and what features are critical to you in a smartphone its impossible to give any meaningful feedback. You also don't say why you have ruled out the Blackberry and the Pre.

This link should give you an overview of the three main contenders outside Blackberry: Iphone, android and Pre.

My advice is to Google the web looking for the many articles which compare the latest smartphones. There are many of them so reading just a few should give you a good sense of why you might choose one over the other.

If after reading the comparisons, you still have specific questions, please feel free to post.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Pre may not be an option at this point since it is not GSM phone, you would have to switch to Bell or Telus whenever they get the Pre. At some point in the future the Pre may become generally available for GSM but right now it is exclusive to Sprint with CDMA.

I have an Android phone, my main reason for getting an Android phone was because I am a Java developer and Android has a nice toolkit that makes it easy to develop for that platform. If you are not interested in writing Java code I'd say stick with the iPhone or Blackberry at this point as they are both more mature. Consider the Blackberry if you do a lot of e-mail or texting, otherwise stick with an iPhone IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts