Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program

Program Summary

On August 26, 2014 HP announced a worldwide voluntary recall and replacement program in cooperation with various government regulatory agencies, for affected AC power cords distributed worldwide with HP and Compaq notebook and mini notebook computers, as well as with AC adapters provided with accessories such as docking stations, sold from September 2010 through June 2012.

HP customers affected by this program will be eligible to receive a replacement AC power cord for each verified, recalled AC power cord at no cost.

HP believes that certain power cords shipped with notebook PC products and AC adapter accessories may pose a risk of a fire and burn hazard to customers. We are taking this action as part of our commitment to provide the highest quality of service to our notebook customers.

Note: Not all HP and Compaq notebook and mini notebook PCs were sold with an affected power cord. Please validate the power cord shipped with your notebook PC or purchased with an accessory, or as a spare.
Related News Articles:

HP recalls 6 million laptop power cords over fire, burn risk

Hewlett-Packard recalls 6 million power cords over fire hazard

Validating the recall-identified LS-15 AC power cord included with my HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC (purchased in Jan. 2010), through the process in the above link, showed that my power cord was not affected by the recall.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're welcome DSgamby.

I noticed that the inline power brick does get quite warm but I suppose that may be normal behaviour. It was not noted in the product recall as a concern.

I may plug the power cord into a switchable power bar, instead of a wall outlet, so that it is not on all the time.

Thanks Mods for moving this thread to the correct forum. :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The power brick will get warm during use, especially when the laptop is running. That's not related to the cord problem.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
yes the part that goes in the hydro socket gets replaced, i ordered 2 of em last week, one for my lap top and one for my wifes lap top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts