Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a matching JBL center channel speaker at 2001 Audio Video. Free shipping in Ontario. It was 30% off compared to the next best price. I think it is first time I participated in this cultural phenomena. How about you?

Looking at the dizzying array of flyers, specials and deals I can see how someone's plastic can take a beating his week. :)

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I bought a new Panny Plasma! (to be discussed elsewhere). Panasonic reduced prices last week (not specifically for Black Friday) so it was time.

I also bought an inexpensive HDMI cable and USB stick which were on Black Friday sale

·
Registered
569 Posts
It was great, just like every year :)

Picked up a Cable modem (SB6120), a Router (WNDR3700), a SqueezeBox Touch, an iPod Nano, a Kindle & leather case, some PS3 Move accessories, 2x Yamaha earbuds, a Laptop battery and a bunch of other stuff.

All-in, I have 10 packages in transit, only paid shipping ($5.99) for one box, next-to-nothing in taxes and there'll be no HST on the way home :)

Christmas shopping = done for me :)

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Overall, I found it to be disappointing. Only saw a few really good deals but they sold out quickly (before I saw them.) It wasn't anything I really wanted or needed anyway. Picked up a couple of things on eBay for 1/4 of what they sell for locally. Those weren't Black Friday deals though.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Picked up 45$ proteck 30c 5000mah roar approved lipo 7.4v packs with 10% off and cheap express usps shipping. L

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2001 Audio Video fail

Well my Black Friday turned out to be a black-eye! I received an email from the store that the product they were "about to ship" me a "well packed" in-store demo as they ran out of stock! I asked for a discount since it was a demo but was only offered a refund. I took the refund. So much for the art of dealing! Oh well Christmas is coming and I have a feeling this item will be available once again at this price. Tsk tsk 2001. Oh and now they are advertising this item as in-store only.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lots of temptation to spend, I dare say. But alas, I window shopped only as there is really nothing I liked as the technologies is not there yet or up to the specs that I wanted to see them at.

I'd love the iPad but only if it has the iPad2 specs and/or used the Tegra chip in it.

I'd love to get the Kindle3 if it supported ePub (for my local libraries) like some of the other ebook readers. So, since DRM support is missing in the recent batch of Kindles, I'm hoping for it to come as part of a Kindle4 or later newer OS updates etc.

So, this Black Friday and Cyber Monday was a non-starter for me, as none of the features/specs in the tech gadgets were there that I would have liked. So, I have to be a bit more patient.

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh well Christmas is coming and I have a feeling this item will be available once again at this price
Well I did manage to score my speaker from Dell. I have added my newly acquired JBL ES25C to my pair of ES80s. She sure is purdy laying down there between those two tall, dark and handsome towers of sound. :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It took me almost 3 hours of frustration with BestBuy and Future Shop web sites Christmas Eve. We hadn't really intended on getting anything but then ended up getting a Sony S370 BD player as a second player for our upstairs living room and another Harmony One remote. Then went back on Christmas morning and picked up a Cannon Compact camera for half price and a digital frame and 16g memory card all real cheap. I could have spend another grand but the miss' won't let me. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts