Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm have a problem to record a series at specific time, the same day and hour? I would like to have the option we had with the 530 to record every day, every week or only one time. I can't see where to go went I want to record Dog Wisperer at 17:00 every day and not record all episodes at different hour of the day.

If someone had experienced this before help me.
thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mnaual timers work similarly to the 530 but not quite. They are as close to what you describe. From the menu, choose manual timer (looks like a clock)

One of the main difference is that all your recordings will show Manual Timer 1, Manual Timer 2, etc... So when you have a bunch of them it's hard to find what you want.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Why not set the 630 to record all episodes? It keeps track of ones you have seen so it doesn't duplicate. Delete the ones you don't want to watch. If I recall correctly, the later Dog Whisperer is a repeat from earlier in the day.

The cool thing about having a proper PVR is that you are not tied to when to record or watch.

·
Registered
783 Posts
So won't it only record one instance of each episode if you set it to record all? My Telus Optik TV only records an episode once since a single epsiode can frequently show up many times on different channels over a 24 hour period. But presumably if I watch and delete the episode it will record that episode again if it happens to be on tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
It won't record duplicates if the guide data correctly distinguishes between episodes, which is sometimes does not.

·
Registered
478 Posts
So won't it only record one instance of each episode if you set it to record all? My Telus Optik TV only records an episode once since a single epsiode can frequently show up many times on different channels over a 24 hour period. But presumably if I watch and delete the episode it will record that episode again if it happens to be on tomorrow.
If you set it to record on only Nat Geo HD (or whatever channel), it won't even look elsewhere. Haven't missed any of my CW shows, in spite of Bulls games pre-empting them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get it now. But with all the option it's bad to not have it on the menu.

Thank a lot,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts