Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would appreciate any advice on how to transfer a US lifetime Sirius Subscription which I am purchasing from a freind into my name (I am located in Canada, my freind lives in the US). Also I want to transfer the US lifetime sub to my existing Canadian radio, that was once subscribed to but has not had any programming on it for about 6 months. My Canadian radio is a Sportster 4.

Thanks in advance for any info,
Cheers
Brody

·
Registered
138 Posts
If it's a lifetime subscription, then why not just buy it from your friend and keep it in his name.

I don't think that it is possible to "transfer" a U.S. subscription to a Canadian subscription because technically SiriusXM in the U.S. is a separate company from both Sirius Canada and XM Canada.

Furthermore, most people on here who have U.S. subscriptions are doing it fraudulently (ie. using an American address and claiming it to be their own), so don't expect to get any legal or ethical responses.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Sirius XM and Sirius Canada are two separate companies. You can't transfer subscriptions between them.

Regarding changing the lifetime sub to another radio, you would have to contact Sirius XM to see if that is possible. The fact that it once was used to sub to the CDN service is probably irrelevant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts