Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON soars onto Blu-ray FRIDAY, October 15, 2010. The tale of a young Viking named Hiccup who defies tradition and befriends a dragon grossed over $492 million at the worldwide box office.

The movie will also be exclusively available on Blu-ray 3D as part of Samsung's 3D starter kit for a limited time period.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON Blu-ray/DVD Combo pack includes the
following:

Blu-ray (all bonus features in HD)
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
LEGEND OF THE BONEKNAPPER DRAGON
-- The Animators' Corner (BD Exclusive)
-- Trivia Track (BD Exclusive)
-- Filmmakers' Commentary
-- The Technical Artistry of Dragon
-- Viking-Sized Cast
-- Deleted Scenes
-- DWA Trailers
-- The Story Behind the Story
-- Racing for the Gold
-- How to Draw a Dragon
-- Your Viking Profile
-- DWA Video Jukebox
-- BD-Live - "Making The Story" - Directors Chris Sanders and Dean
DeBlois
take fans behind-the-scenes for a fun and in-depth look at the two
year
process of making the smash hit

DVD
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
-- Filmmakers' Commentary
-- The Technical Artistry of Dragon
-- Viking-Sized Cast
-- DWA Trailers

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Very good movie. Has some good family moments throughout.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98% on Tomatometer at Rotten Tomatoes with the following snippet

Boasting dazzling animation, a script with surprising dramatic depth, and thrilling 3-D sequences, How to Train Your Dragon soars.
One that I will likely be getting for kids and family.

·
Registered
833 Posts
They don't all speak with Scottish accents. All the actors are just basically using their natural accents. The Scottish stands out because two of the main vikings, Stoick and Gobber, are played by Scottish actors Gerard Butler and Craig Ferguson. The other main characters like Hiccup, Astrid, etc. speak with mostly American accents.

·
Banned
175 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing this with the kiddies. My 5 year old son saw the 3d version at the theatre and loved it!
BTW, great review on avs.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Good point on the accents Grog. I know that the kids didn't sound Scottish, but it seemed like most of the adults did. I'll have to sit down and watch it again. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
We found the movie very enjoyable and I agree with most of the positive comments.
I'm not really a bonus feature watcher, but I bought the combo pack anyway so the kids could have their version.
Audio and Video were top-notch as expected.

·
Banned
175 Posts
One thing did strike me as a bit odd though. Why do all of the 'Vikings' have scottish accents?
Actually I found the adults all sound similair to Mike Meyers Shrek voice:confused: Odd, but other then that this movie was really quite good. Terrific PQ and AQ:D on BD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts