Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just look to see if anyone has any suggestions on how to monitor my own internet usage. I am with Eastlink cable in Nova Scotia and have the Motorola SBG6580 that seems to work quite well. I am using 2 desktop computers, a Wii, Xbox 360 and an Ipod Touch 4. I will be adding a laptop to work from home within the next month and we do use a decent amount of Netflix on both of the above noted systems. I am looking for a solution that would monitor the bandwidth at the modem level due to the other devices not being trackable. I have spoken with Eastlink support on this matter and they say that my current plan (Extreme 15) is unlimited so they do not keep any records. I am considering moving to the Extreme 30 package (for $10 more per month) but at some indeterminate point in the future, that plan will be hit with a 250gb cap. They say there will be prior notice but I would like to have some data of my own to monitor my downloadin/uploading habits to see if the Extreme 15 is a better fit for me as it will remain unlimited. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I apologize and should have clarified. The SBG6580 is an all in one modem/router. Up until getting this unit about 5 weeks ago, I was using a WRT54G with Tomato on it. I suppose I could hook it back up but I was hoping to be able to stick with this "All In One" solution. Thanks for the reply Johnny.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.