Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the threads but could not see anything on this.
I wanted to upgrade my 2 year old 3416 digital box to the newer 3400 but I did not want to lose a bunch on the trade-in so I was going to sell the 3416 privately.
I seem to remember from past transactions that I have to contact Shaw to let them know I am selling it and to whom and then that person can activate it, is that correct?

Thanks for your help.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
You will have to contact Shaw to de-activate and the buyer will have to ensure that your box is free and clear of any financial obligation.

·
Registered
491 Posts
You will have to contact Shaw to de-activate and the buyer will have to ensure that your box is free and clear of any financial obligation.
I wouldn't do that till its sold then I would do it together with the buyer when they pick it up. Kill two birds with one stone AFTER you have the cash in your hand.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Once you sell the box you need to contact shaw and let them know who you sold the box to, they will than put that information on your account.

When the person who purchased the box, they will ask him for the serial number, which will match to your account, and they will see the note that was placed and will than add the box to the buyers account.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
You shouldn't have to tell Shaw 'who' you have sold the box to, just that you have sold it and you want it 'released from your account'. I have had to do this a few times with used boxes I have purchased, even with one from my parent's account to my own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts