Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1241 - 1260 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The guide all loads from the same place. The SD channels in the guide do not come from a different place than the HD channels. The actual channels come from different satellites but not the guide info.

·
Super Moderator
18,531 Posts
He subscribes to lots of HD and SD channels, but when he goes to look at the Guide there are no SD Channels listed - just HD. If he's on channel 500, and pushes the "up channel" button to go to 501 it won't go there. (He subscribes to both channels.) But if he keys 501 in directly it goes there fine.
When you press the GUIDE button on the Bell Satellite remote multiple times, the guide toggles through various settings such as "All Channels," "All Subbed Channels," "All HD," etc. The current status is shown at the top of the guide. If the screen says "All HD," you can press the GUIDE button again.

All the HD channels are in the 800s or 1000s - channel 500 and 501 are both SD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Satellite Finder App for iPAD

First my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere however after some searching I could not find anything.

I am looking for an app for the iPAD that could be used to determine if I have a clean line of sight to the Bell ExpressVu satellites. The concept being it would superimpose the satellites on the screen image presented by the camera looking skyward. I have a location in the Midland Ontario area that I am very interested in switching from Rogers cable to Bell ExpressVu.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sat Finder, is an app that does that or try Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com on your PC if you are not at the location.
I have found a new way to align my Shaw dish. Use two iPads and do a FaceTime. Put one ipad facing your tv with the options set to show the satellite signal bars. Use the other iPad on your roof and do your alignment while looking and listening to the bar strength. If you own two ipad that are on the same network and you use the same email address just use your iCloud address to make the call.
Sure beats taking the receiver and tv up on the roof. My roof is on a slope and alignment by correct elevation number and skew is not that easy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Birdog ver 2.5 and BellTV

I've been out of the loop for a while, and after getting out of the hospital after almost loosing my left arm am planning on getting back into doing the smaller sat dishes. I've had numerous people ask me to re aim their dish with my meter, but it's having trouble at times locking on the signal from either 91 or 82.

I've noticed quite a few files for the birdog on their website and am scratching my head over which ones are the best to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
BTW, there are 15 different files for the two Bell sats. All I'm trying to figure out is which one or two would be the best to download and install in my meter.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I hate the birdog meters, having used them in the past, I moved onto the Superbuddy, which I think is awesome. I do have a buddy in Ottawa that uses the birdog and have emailed him to ask what file he uses, I will update the thread when I hear from him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
N00b with a dish issue; I need help. I have moved recently and I do not have a dish location that will give me both 82 and 91. I have a narrow lot, a very large tree beside me, and a very tall house. I have gone as high as possible on my roof and I still can't get both 82 and 91 from one location. I have 91 at 75-80%, that seems solid enough.

I have tested every component extensively, I am 99% sure my problem is only line of sight. I have moved my dish so many times I can aim the dish by eye and get 80%....

I think if I add another dish I can aim one at 91 and the other at 82, but they will be about 50' apart. I've read almost every post in this thread, and I have not seen any description of how to wire two separate dishes into my HD (9124?) receiver.

Do I need to wire them into SW21's just like the they are now? That would lead to a big mess of coax cables running around my property. Or is there a way to run a single coax from each dish inside, then put some sort of switch there, and connect to my receiver? Can I run one coax line from each dish LNB to the two receiver inputs?

Also, I have read all the aiming instructions, obviously 91 is easier to find, but if I disconnect both coax lines, run the switch test, then reconnect, I should be able to set the receiver to 82 and find that satellite? Then add the 91 that I know works? Run the switch test again, and I'm good to go?

I appreciate any help you can offer. The only thing worse than paying Bell for HD is paying Bell for HD but not having 82....

·
Registered
819 Posts
Just mount the SW21’s in side, 2 lines from each LNBF of course.

Alternate with just 1 coax from each location is to get hold of 2 x DP Dual LNBF’s, one on each Dish. Feed both lines into a DPP44 switch, then 1 coax to rear of 9241, where you will install a DPP Separator to feed both tuners.

·
Registered
185 Posts
N00b with a dish issue; I need help. I have moved recently and I do not have a dish location that will give me both 82 and 91. I have a narrow lot, a very large tree beside me, and a very tall house. I have gone as high as possible on my roof and I still can't get both 82 and 91 from one location. I have 91 at 75-80%, that seems solid enough.

I have tested every component extensively, I am 99% sure my problem is only line of sight. I have moved my dish so many times I can aim the dish by eye and get 80%....

I think if I add another dish I can aim one at 91 and the other at 82, but they will be about 50' apart. I've read almost every post in this thread, and I have not seen any description of how to wire two separate dishes into my HD (9124?) receiver.

Do I need to wire them into SW21's just like the they are now? That would lead to a big mess of coax cables running around my property. Or is there a way to run a single coax from each dish inside, then put some sort of switch there, and connect to my receiver? Can I run one coax line from each dish LNB to the two receiver inputs?

Also, I have read all the aiming instructions, obviously 91 is easier to find, but if I disconnect both coax lines, run the switch test, then reconnect, I should be able to set the receiver to 82 and find that satellite? Then add the 91 that I know works? Run the switch test again, and I'm good to go?

I appreciate any help you can offer. The only thing worse than paying Bell for HD is paying Bell for HD but not having 82....
I had the same problem but not as far a distance. What I did was install my old satellite, pre HD dish. I toke the SD LNB from the HD dish, installed it and then sent that cable to the HD dish switch on the dish itself. The HD LNB goes into the switch on the back. Then the out cable from the switch goes inside to the receiver.
This was for a 1 HD 6100 receiver. So might b differently for your 9124.

Good luck

Bob

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Dumb question. Does no one make an automated alignment mount for satellite dishes that can be operated remotely? My dish seems to go out of alignment about every two years and I'm fed up with having to call Bell to get it reset. Many years ago I had my antenna on a remote control motorised rotator which I could adjust from within the house. Surely that technology is still around today in even better form? If so how come I never hear about it?

1241 - 1260 of 1319 Posts