Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

been lurking around this forum for awhile now. alot of interesting discussions, knowledge. pondering to start a thread for just as long really.

so here goes, appreciate any input you may have.

we will be rolling out an ecommerce site by this fall, clothing (fashion) sales. in the past, we took images of various styles in an ad-hoc attempt to list items located in-store. worked out pretty good, but the time (vs. result) to bring these images to site frankly was becoming a PITA for me. my time was/is better focused elsewhere, on tasks more worthwhile. previous setup was pretty beginner, flood lights .. some bedding sheets i used for a backdrop tacked to the wall. the end result was darkened images, not bad, but not good enough. ended up photo shopping around ..etc.

i wanna keep moving forward here, thus the ecommerce, item revisions .. and .... my need for more efficient means of getting desired outcomes for images. i think i need a good backdrop, but which one ? .. do i look for a particular material ? i'm thinking a clean, bright white backdrop ? in previous setup the flood lights i had laying around made a difference, surely there are better options.

not looking for advanced setup, just the most that would give me professional, nicely done images, without the excess.
if anyone know of good people in montreal - toronto area as a supplier for this stuff .. i will make the arrangements previous to next visit, phone .. etc.. whatever it takes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I know Henrys and Downtown Camera have backdrops - but would it be feasible for you to go outside? A single flash and someone holding a reflector in a choice position, working with or without sunlight, can yield really nice results.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

i may be making a mountain out of a mole hill here. when it comes to optimal photo setup, environment ..etc, i am a fish out of water. heck ..i (still) have my old Canon Power Shot S200 (digital elph) *taped up to keep the memory slot cover closed ..lol ! ... i must say built like a tank though (if that comparison makes sense)

i have found a young fellow (and his significant other) who are photo hobbyist. they have the setup, know-how .. extra time. should be interesting. see how it all unfolds.

re: pickup supplies in GTA, Montreal. I was thinking more along the line of wholesalers, suppliers ..etc of this equipment. (since i visit often, all that would be required is a call and/or drop-in to the address)

enjoy your day.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't know of any wholesalers, I can tell you Henry's and Downtown Camera have enough in stock to meet almost any need - and I believe L. L. Lozeau in Montreal is similarly stocked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts