Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

How To Control TV From Box Remote ?

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mh84 
#1 ·
(I am new so sorry if this is covered elsewhere.) I just connected a new Cogeco box to my Samsung TV. I want to use my HDMI cable and my box remote to turn both box and TV on /off and control volume , channels etc. Cogeco says I can't do it and need to use component cables plus RCA audio which works OK but it isn't what I want. Future Shop tells me they can set it up the way I want it for $50. Can I find the codes required to do what I want ? Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
Read the operating manual for your remote control - small white booklet. You need to enter the correct code for the TV into the remote control, then you need to set "master power" or whatever it's called so that it turns the TV and the STB on/off at the same time, then you need to set "volume lock" or whatever it's called to control the TV volume without having to choose "TV" at the top of the remote.

Here's a post useful for those new to the forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.