Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched on google and also on the forums here and the faq.

I was wondering if anyone had the mailing address for the office of the president i would like to send a quick little letter about NHLCI and HD in the ottawa region.

Trying to get someone to hear your complaints through a CSR is obviously a fruitless endeavor.

Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
A much better route is contact the nhl.I had a issue with nhlci last year i contacted the nhl and the issue was cleared up in a few days.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah,

Perfect, the latter link was exactly what i needed. Searching didnt dig that up for some reason.

57: Btw, you incorrectly did one of your links as https

I'm not sure if this is a NHL issue though, its a tough call.

Saturday past, the cbc leafs/habs game was on NHLCI, but since cbc doesn't do blackouts, it was also on every other cbc channel i had. Personally i pay for NHLCI so i dont care where they put the game be it a second temp CBCHD channel, NHLCI, etc... so long as its on. Maybe i'll send the letter both places and denote on it that its been sent to both Rogers & NHLCI.

Bytown how did you contact nhl ci?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just shot this off to NHLCI.

Provider: Rogers
Region: Ottawa

Issue: CBC Ottawa has HD now, this past saturday they did a HD (sort of it was a SD widescreen upconvert) of the senators vs rangers game and did not show the Leafs vs Canadiens in HD. The Leafs vs Canadians game was available on other non-local cbc SD stations since cbc doesnt do blackouts however rogers only provides *ONE* cbc hd channel which was being used for the ottawa/rangers game. On Center Ice, the Leafs/Canadiens game was also available however the CBCHD feed was *NOT*.

In Short: A nationally televised CBC game in HD was not available in HD format on any channel in the ottawa region including center ice.

Resolution: The game was on NHLCI in SD, and thus should be on NHLCI in HD.

**Second issue:

Issue: This has yet to happen this season as leafs tv has not had a game as of yet but last season leafs tv as you know launched Leafs TV HD. In the ottawa region we receive as expected Leafs TV on NHLCI when ever there is a game, however we have *NEVER* received leafs tv HD, even though the signal is available and exists within the rogers network as it is provided to toronto just a few hours drive away.

Resolution: Since Leafs TV HD is available, it should be on a NHLCI HD channel for the duration of the game just as the SD version is.

Thanks for your time, i would appreciate a note back to let me know if it is possible for these issues to be addressed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It should not matter.You should have put the leafs tv feed as we don't get the channel.It may confuse them a bit.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, it didnt work for me here @ the office, but i am behind a proxy and all.

Usually https works though so i dunno.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disgruntled customer ready to give up on rogers

step 1 - call customer care
step 2 - contact management office
step 3 - contact the Office of the President
333 Bloor St., E.
Toronto, ON M4W 1G9
step 4 - contact the Office of the Ombudsman
ATTN: Kim Walker, Rogers Ombudsman