Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pace box, can i skip commercials? Is there a button on the remote for this?

I have been fast forwarding, and am terrible at it.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Try the Skip button. It skips forward 30 (?) seconds each time you press it. Much more accurate than FFWD.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The features and button functions of the remote are described in the user manual. Reading it there saves us from duplicating it here.;)

If you have misplaced your manual, you can download a pdf copy from Shaw's website.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The features and button functions of the remote are described in the user manual
Page + skips 5 minutes forward, Page - goes back 5 minutes.
I just read through the manual and could not find this info. Thank you, accord1999 :) That'll come in handy.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
My apologies, it does seem the 5 minute skip info is indeed missing from all of the online documentation as I just went through all of it and it is definitely not there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My apologies, it does seem the 5 minute skip info is indeed missing from all of the online documentation as I just went through all of it and it is definitely not there.
... and that is why we need this forum -- to tell us all the stuff that Shaw doesn't tell us. This forum is where I learned about 5-minute skips too.

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
The 5 minute skip was added in a software update in 2008. It took Shaw until 2009 to get all cities working properly as described in this thread. The manuals haven't been reprinted since then.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts