• Never Tweeted

Votes: 40 58.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about how often users around here tweet?

I'm also curious about how many twitter feeds you follow?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I signed up with twitter to follow Paul Tracy and other INDYCAR drivers... I feel no need to tweet since no one is following me... I had no interest at all in till i found out race drivers where posting.

I personally don't get the attraction of posting to twitter though...

@theworld i just farted..

·
Banned
97 Posts
What is Tweet? Why does anyone need to do it.
I don't use that Face thing either. No one needs to know what I am doing 24-7. Hey look guys I am sitting at the computer typing, Now I am taking a drink of really bad coffee, wait my hot wife movie star walked in the room. I am leaving now with her. Sucks to be you I am more important and successful than you!
No thanks.;)

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I don't tweet. I follow tweets from certain news organizations (eg. Globe and Mail) and some sporting news outlets (Peter King (SI), Pierre LeBrun (ESPN/HNIC), etc).

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I follow about 15 people / feeds and I have about the same number of people following me. Looking to add more and hoping the people near and dear to me become Twitter users as it would make it even more relevant.

I have no time for Facebook (not interested at all), but I'm finding Twitter is allowing me to do what I don't want to do with Facebook, which is quickly share or keep in touch without no strings attached.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Don't tweet, never have, never signed up for Twitter.
My Facebook account has been cancelled for two years now.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I have never tweeted nor do I ever plan to. I also follow no ones tweets.
The only time I even read a tweet is if its posted on a sports website about a trade or something similar.

If I need to communicate, I have the phone, email, txt, bbm & facebook I do not need an other way.

·
Banned
262 Posts
I use e-mail and a landline. Haven't had a cell since the late 90s. Not on any social networking sites save interesting ones such as this forum. I save a bundle in cash and headaches.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
I mainly use it for receiving info to my phone, great when you're out of country (international incoming SMS messages are free).

Mainly news, weather, sports, etc.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So for those that use it for news and stuff, do you ever use RSS feeds?

Do you find it superior to RSS feeds and, if so, how come?

·
Registered
248 Posts
No Tweets ever, cancelled Facebook when an ex girlfriend was asking me for her music cd's, what? that was 12 yrs ago....LOL....too much info.
Blogs and IM's work for me

·
Super Moderator
5,074 Posts
I follow just under 300 people/organizations on Twitter.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I tried it once, ended up being just a lame ass bunch of spammers. I think the media wildly overstates the popularity of Twitter. I know many savvy people who have tried it and quickly abandoned it.

I have drastically cut back facebook as well, and routinely delete posts over 30 days old there, as well as untagged 90% of the photos.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I just use it now for newswire feeds, a few newspapers, and some local politicians. I am trying to determine whether I like getting the financial newswires better via twitter or my rss reader.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts