• The sky's the limit. I need the best!

Votes: 22 2.3%
  • I'm broke, you insensitive clod!

Votes: 38 4.0%
281 - 286 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
In my area I think I can get 5 or 6 channels. CBC, Global, CityTV, TVOntario and a couple French stations. Not close enough to the US to pick up any stations without a mast and a more substantial aerial. Been surviving on Netflix, Prime and a little bit of AppleTV. Contemplating swapping out Netflix for Crave for a few months. Sports can be a bit of a problem.

·
Registered
346 Posts
In my area I think I can get 5 or 6 channels. CBC, Global, CityTV, TVOntario and a couple French stations. Not close enough to the US to pick up any stations without a mast and a more substantial aerial. Been surviving on Netflix, Prime and a little bit of AppleTV. Contemplating swapping out Netflix for Crave for a few months. Sports can be a bit of a problem.
If you are more than 65 Miles (105 km) away, don't bother spending the money. You could spend a bunch and not add much to your channel guide.

If I didn't have Detroit in my backyard, I'd be watching hours of Corner Gas and Seinfeld reruns... with a lot of CBC hockey. Luckily I have a lot of choices. My FM dial is pretty full too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have purchased so many different antenna's just to get free TV. I think I found one that works and get's everything local. I am in NO way promoting this, I'm simply stating what works well for me.

I think the 80 miles is a little far fetched but I am able to get every local channel in Winnipeg with this. It's currently sitting on my space heater by my balcony window.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Never seen that one. For me, outside setup after trying many types of amps and antennas, 8 bay, 4 bay, yagi, log periodic, VHF only; the best is my current set up of AD 4 bay, AD VHF attachment and CM distribution amp. Outside amps have always failed eventually, the 4 bay has very good gain, no problem getting Batavia, and great beam width, no need for rotor, while the simple dipole VHF always brings in CFTO and CKCO.

281 - 286 of 286 Posts