Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Shaw have a limit on how many DCT's you can have on your account? Is it 4 like the outlets?

Just curious... now that Shaw has eliminated the $1.99 digital features fee.... is there a limit to how many DCT's you can have active in your home.... I know they say 4 outlets, but what if you have multiple DCT's on one TV..... Anyone out there know. (Is there an extra charge, if so what is it). Are there people out there with more than 4 DCT's on their account?

Thanks
Shawguy

·
Registered
248 Posts
No, there is no limit to the number of DCTs on an account, and no extra charge for them (except for a rental fee if you don't own it). The only charges would be if you needed to add additional outlets to the account.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Has there ever been an account you have seen with a rediculous amount of DCT's active? (I am betting there is at least one DHC member with that record. haha)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I can't think of anything too outrageous off the top of my head... I know I've seen 6 multiple times. I've probably seen more, but nothing I can recall.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Slightly off topic, but there is a house that I drive by about once a month that has at least 10 sat dishes on the back deck...I always mean to take a picture, but I forget.

We have 6 TV's in our house...but only 2 of them have boxes. The rest are still analog....

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had 5 boxes active on my account during the NFL season last year, and they made me pay $5/ month to have that many. I only had 2 outlets. I had all the boxes in the same room on splitters.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
No, there is no limit to the number of DCTs on an account, and no extra charge for them (except for a rental fee if you don't own it). The only charges would be if you needed to add additional outlets to the account.
If you have more than 4 DCTs there may be an additonal charge for extra outlets (5th to 10th outlet is only $5 total a month). The reasoning behind this would be if you have 8 DCTs then you must have at least 8 cable outlets running to those DCTs.

·
Registered
694 Posts
If you have more than 4 DCTs there may be an additonal charge for extra outlets (5th to 10th outlet is only $5 total a month). The reasoning behind this would be if you have 8 DCTs then you must have at least 8 cable outlets running to those DCTs.
Does this fee apply if you own the cable from the NT1/demarc point or is it a fee regardless of who owns the end run cable?

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
That's still ridiculous. You can only watch one game at a time in my opinion. I thought they had a channel that has all the games on it?

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think its rediculous, I had 4 boxes in one room with one tv once.... all PVR's - Recording.... If it works, it works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts