Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Toronto and just recently signed up for Analog cable with Rogers, thinking I was going to get all 60-some channels. For the 1st 4 or 5 days, thats exactly what I got, but 2 days ago, they cut everything off from channel 29 and up. Whats the deal? How many channels am I suppose to get with basic cable?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I live in Toronto and just recently signed up for Analog cable with Rogers, thinking I was going to get all 60-some channels. For the 1st 4 or 5 days, thats exactly what I got, but 2 days ago, they cut everything off from channel 29 and up. Whats the deal? How many channels am I suppose to get with basic cable?
AFAIK, analog basic for Toronto is:
2-28 plus
60 VisionTV
61 PBS Buffalo (WNED)
62 CTV News Channel
63 Star!
65 Treehouse
70 APTN (Aboriginal Peoples Television Network)
95 TVA Montreal (CFTM)
96 RDI
97 CPAC (Cable Public Affairs Channel)
129 Ontario Legislature
130 TV5

29-59 cost extra.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I subscribe to basic digital and hi-speed, and just don't use the box. I get all the channels through analog. That way, I figure I'm only paying a couple of dollars more and not having to pay for a whole package

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
^^^^
You don't get all the channels on analog. There are several digital only channels. You can go to the Rogers site and see what's available on analog and digital in your area. You might want to use the box only for the digital channels though. All it will take to use it is audio & video cables between your TV and the STB. Prior to going HD, I connected the SD box to my TV via S-Video and also to my VCR via composite video. This way, I could easily use the digital box for either the TV or VCR. Both were still capable of receiving analog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts