Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea? I have a 75c dish and LNB, and am thinking of adding new receivers. The LNB is probably three-four years old. Any advantage to buying a new one with the new 603/605 units?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
There is none. You will need an new LNB when the G1 satellie is launched in late 2012. Wait until then.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
The only real advantage would be to have a spare for troubleshooting or replacement in case of failure. If it's free or really cheap it might be worth it, otherwise, no. I believe ShawD covers dish and LNB repairs or has that changed?

Note: The 60e and 75e LNBs are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only real advantage would be to have a spare for troubleshooting or replacement in case of failure. If it's free or really cheap it might be worth it, otherwise, no. I believe ShawD covers dish and LNB repairs or has that changed?

Note: The 60e and 75e LNBs are not interchangeable.
my real concern is how long they last - i only have access to equipment every so often - read into that what you will. So, if they last 5 years, then it's time for a new one. If they last 10, then I'm good.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Like any piece of electronics, lifetime depends on lots of conditions. They could last 10 minutes or 10 years. If access is a real issue, get a spare. They don't need to be purchased from Shaw. You might want to check eBay or other sources of cheap parts.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'd say an LNB would likely work forever, unless of course it quits working.

Terry

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I just re-used a 12 year old LNBF from an old round Star Choice Dish and mounted it on a 1m Dish to receive Galaxy 19, works like a charm, even though it has been sitting outdoors all this time with no power to it, must admit I was a little surprised that it still worked.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts