Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what the ship times were that people had to wait for there free Xbox 360 when you signed up for Telus.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had to wait 4 - 5 weeks for it to show up. You should get an email saying that they received the order for the Xbox and will be shipping it soon.

·
Registered
338 Posts
They dont bring you the Xbox when your service is installed?!

·
Registered
21 Posts
They only bring the Xbox if it is being used as a set top box. If you don't plan to use it as a set top box and just as a game console then it is shipped.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It ships via Canada Post and you have to sign for it.

By the way I did get mine and it's a nice machine, a lot quieter and cooler compared to the old ones.

It sits nicely with my 46" Samsung, PS3 and Wii.

To many games not enough time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you like the 360 better then the PS3? Wondering if I should sell the 360 and get a PS3...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Both systems are good. I prefer the PS3 over the Xbox 360 cause of these factors:

• Microsoft nickels and dimes you with the accessories (play and charge kit)
• PS3 multiplayer games don't require a monthly payment like Xbox Live
• Blu-ray playback built into the PS3

The only thing Xbox has over the PS3 is the controller is a lot better on the Xbox and there are more games and some third party games seem to look and play smoother (I'm looking at you buggy as hell Fallout 3 for PS3).

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's 4 to 6 weeks from the date of the HS start up, not from the date of ordering the product.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have been waiting for 4 weeks now for my xbox, no information at all.

i'm assuming my bill is due soon, i was installed oct 2. no bill in the mail, but got my nhl centerice GCL activation letter in the mail, so i dunno.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is that from the order date or the shipping date? I ordered mine over a month ago...called them a few days ago and they said that it would take another 4 weeks!!! I think they screwed up the order cause they said that the order was placed a few just over a week ago when I ordered it 4+ months ago. Oh well. Little longer than I wanted but thankfully I have a ps3 to kill the time till the xbox comes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I decided to tell them that I wanted it to be used as an STB so that the installer would bring it with him. the day of the install I called Telus to tell them I changed my mind and would not be using as an STB as I purchased a stand alone HD box. everything worked out and I get my 360 right away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts