1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Fascinating article. To me it seems to say that I should just coax my TV out of "torch mode" which I have, leave all the other controls at the factory setting and just watch tv.

The link to that article or the article itself if copyright can be obtained, should be a sticky.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Isn't marketing interesting. great artical

I have always pretty much ignored most specs when buying AV stuff. There is just to much pointless info. working in the electronic industry I realize that most of the specs are just to wow the user or prospective buyer.

I used to laugh back in the CRT tv days when they talked about filters. does the average Joe even know what a comb filter is or how it effected the TV? I doubt it but it sure sounded good.

Also glad they mentioned the Quatro when I first saw the Sulu ad, I laughed out loud wondering whats the point. R+G = Y doesn't it?

I bought my TV based on what I thought of the picture. not specs. I had a very patient sales guy that let me play ended up with one of the cheeper sets and I'm very happy.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
^^^^

While the average person may not know what a comb filter does, it at least provided tangible benefit. Many of the A/V claims are very optimistic or even bogus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts