Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that we have two cars, it's time for a 2nd phone. Mainly for emergencies (like ordering pizza on the way home) we have a PetroCan Mobility that's my wife's, and I was thinking of getting another one for myself. The model with blue-tooth was not available so that gave me some time to think. PetroCan mobility charges 25 cents/minute, with no per-second billing. Some other plans will charge you a small amount per month, with lower per-minute fees. Since I already have three services with Rogers (cable, internet, home phone) I think I'd qualify for a bundling discount, so I started wondering if, perhaps, a monthly plan (even the above-described "hybrid") would be another option to consider?

I've found that with the one phone we would use about $150-200 per year. All those 1:01 calls that are charged as 2 minutes, I guess. Are there any Rogers plans out there that, with the bundling discount, would cost me that same $150-200 per year? Let's assume 60 minutes/month for the sake of argument.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's too bad it doesn't qualify.

I grabbed a bunch of brochures at Loblaws and I remember seeing one where you paid $10/month to get $0.10/minute. I believe that one comes out ahead of the $0.25/minute PAYG at around 67 minutes/month. I was hoping that Rogers would have something similar, with a bundle discount to boot, and maybe per-second billing -- I'm dreaming in technicolor now, aren't I?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.