Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
I believe that Bell's Call Privacy feature does this.

Personally, I think it is all a scam. Bell offers a service to block your identity when you make a call then also sells another service to block people who block their identity. See SCAM!

I just don't answer my phone anymore unless I recognize the name/number on the display. If I don't and it's an actual person who wants to speak to me they can leave a message and I'll call them back. That's why I pay for Call Answer.

·
Super Moderator
56,682 Posts
Some home phones, like my Panasonic have a call block feature - for say 20-30 numbers. You must have call display for this to work on those phones. What typically happens when the call comes in, is you'll hear 1 short ring while the phone "sees" the call display in your call blocking. It then sends a busy signal back and hangs up (or something similar depending on the phone).

You only need one such phone in your home (although the cost for extra handsets is pretty small when you purchase them as a package). The other phones will probably also only ring once if you have them connected and the ringer turned on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts