Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Great forum, lots of good info. I'm in the Toronto Beaches area, and received a telephone solicitation about FibeTV this morning. I'm skeptical, but intrigued.

A couple of questions about FibeTV internet download caps:

- what is the download cap included with the basic package?
- Am I correct in my understanding that additional bandwidth can be purchased at $5/40 gig?
- Has anyone tried p2p downloading with FibeTV? How bad is the throttling?

After squawking about Bell's download caps, I'm being quoted $90-ish monthly on a TV & Internet package with a 145 gig cap.

Cheers.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It comes with i believe 25GB basic.. i pay an extra 15 bucks so my total is 145GB for the month. Not bad if you ask me..

Dont worry about throttling. If you forward your ports on your router and setup your torrent app properly you should have no issues what so ever. i get between 2.5 -3mb/s down on torrents even during peak hours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
goto say that sucks cause BellAliant does not have CAPS.

I average about 40G UP an DL per/day without even trying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So you guys are saying that there's a limit to how much TV you can watch? Not that I watch a lot...but that's a little ridiculous. I was pretty intrigued by FibeTV, mainly because Rogers blows, but from what I've read so far on this site about FibeTV it sounds like an even bigger P.O.S

·
Registered
264 Posts
@nubreed000 - no limit to what you can watch with Fibe TV (except pricing). The previous posters were discussing data caps with Fibe Internet (which is a pre-req to getting Fibe TV.)
Fibe TV requires that you have access to Fibe 25 - this is due to speed requirements. The caps mentioned are purely for data - nothing to do with Fibe TV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts