Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

How do I show only subscribed channels / Nextbox 2

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  57channels 
#1 ·
I'd like to know if there is a way to show only subscribed channels on the Rogers channel guide, using the Nextbox 2 (Motorola DCX3510-M). I don't see the option, so I have resorted to manually hiding each and every channel that I don't have. With hundreds of channels, this is a major pain. I know I can add subscribed channels as favorites, but then this adds an extra step every time I go to the guide, as I then have to click the Favorites button. And there is a glitch in doing so, as this often takes me back to the start of the guide, at channel 2.

With my old Bell Satellite receiver, I could easily choose to show only subscribed channels. I'd love to do this with Rogers as well, as I have four boxes to maintain.

#2 ·
Since I don't see a response here yet, most cable service providers do not provide the option to show only subscribed channels. I'm not sure if with Motorola equipment subscribed channels show in a different colour/shade. The cable providers want you to see the "missing" channels and to subscribe to them if you see something you want in the guide.

#3 ·
I have the Cisco version of the Nextbox 2 and it doesn't have a feature that automatically blocks what you don't subscribe to. What makes manually deleting them a pain is the free previews, which you then have to unlock, usually I don't even bother, so much of the preview stuff is garbage/filler found on other packages.

What really angers me is Rogers have made it so you can't delete the "on demand" channels, which load at the speed of a sloth.

#4 ·
Yes, I imagine it's a feature they don't want to include, in order to get people to see what they don't have, and then maybe order the channel. After adding all my subscribed channels to the FAV list, at least the channels show with a star, in the guide. That helps a bit. But it's still a pain to have to scroll through pages of channels I don't have, and will never really want to have. I was hoping for a hidden way to do it, or a better workaround to what I am doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.