Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PAP2T which I have set up and optimized thanks to Mango's tips. Works great so if you dial either DID it rings through on Line #1 or Line #2

The problem is figuring out how to configure it for two lines. I search high and low in the Voip.ms discussion thread but couldn't find any explanation hence thsi post.

Currently I have two DID's from Voip.ms and I'd like to have DID #1 on Line #1 of my PAP2T and DID #2 on Line #2.

In my PAP2T setup I can't figure out out to set up the respective lines. Presumably each line would have its own unique AUTH ID but the SIP Username is the same for both my Voip.ms accounts is the same as they are both are Main Accounts.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
569 Posts
You'd normally do this via entering unique UserID/Password in the Subscriber Information section of the (PAP2T) Line1 and Line2 tabs respectively.

I'm surprised that they'd give the same acct info for two DIDs.

The other way to do it might be to make L2 a subaccount of L1. I don't have a 2nd DID, but use the port #2 as a 2nd line to my home office (outgoing calls only). In my case, L2 is setup as a _101 subaccount to the main DID.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
You can have multiple DIDs going to one account, and you can have one DID ring multiple subaccounts too. If you have two accounts with the same SIP username, then you don't actually have two accounts...you have one account with multiple DIDs.

This needs to use sub accounts if you want to create different parameters for each PAP2T line, and those sub accounts have to be pointed at only one DID each.

Fortunately, you can create your own sub accounts right from the portal. I recommend creating two suabccounts ( one for each line) and don't bother with the main account. This gives you a nice advantage of being to have internal extensions to dial between lines using a three digit extension at no charge.

·
Registered
8 Posts

under sub accounts click create sub account
You will use this for line 1
When you mouseover the (?) a discreption will appear.

Username I just added 1 eg 197837_1

password create a nice one and write it down.

(This will be the user name and password for line one on your pap2t)

Device type ATA device ( for pap2t)

CallerID Number the phone number of the DID

Internal Extension Number 1 ( you can then call 101 for the phone on line 1 of the ata)

then click create account.

do the above for line 2 using 2

You can create a voice mail account for each line if you want.

now under DID numbers click manage DIDs

then edit DID
you should now be able to select the sub-account for the DID you are editing.
repeat for the other DID

be sure to select the same point of presence if you want to be able to call line to line using 101 and 102.

now in your pap2t login as advanced and enter the sub account _1 user and pass for line 1 tab
then the sub account _2 user and pass for line 2 tab.

it took me longer to type this than it will for you to set it all up..

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I figured I needed to set up sub-accounts but I thought there might be a quicker. Will investigate and set up this weekend.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts