Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only been watching this channel for 25 years, and now it's gone.
I have a "regular" TV and basic cable.

Should I buy a used digital box off craigslist?

What do I need to view more channels on my TV, will a digital box work on my old TV?

Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
There is no monthly fee for cable boxes havent been for atleast a year. You could buy a box new or used or just rent 1 $2.95 for standard digital box

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I only been watching this channel for 25 years, and now it's gone.
I have a "regular" TV and basic cable.

Should I buy a used digital box off craigslist?

What do I need to view more channels on my TV, will a digital box work on my old TV?

Thanks
If you call Shaw and do not have a digital box they will actually give you a free rental in the meantime. If you have just cable then it's free for 3 months, 2 services = free for 6 months and 3 services = free for 1 year. that will give you some time to find a cheap/free purchased one.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Get KVOS back for free along with KSTW and about 20-25 other channels for free. Also 40 music channels free and access to PPV and VOD services (some free).

·
Registered
438 Posts
KVOS was moved up to the Tier 1 package (in Vancouver area) effective February of 2010. Still a bit puzzled over that move however.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Cartel, you don't need a digital set top box to get KVOS if it is in Tier 1, but you do need to upgrade to Classic Cable or add Tier 1. A tech visit would be required to change the filter/trap on your cable line.

·
Registered
376 Posts
On a different tack, you could go OTA (Over the Air) if you live in the Lower Mainland and have a newer TV (LCD/Plasma) as it would have an ATSC tuner. KVOS is very easy to receive over the air with a simple antenna, as is CTV, CBC, CKVU, Global and Channel M, all in digital, all free, and all in HD except KVOS. Check out the OTA forum here for more info on it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
@ Cartel,

If you have 2 services with us we can give you 6 months free rental of an digital box. If you have 3 services with us then we can give you 1 year free rental of the digital box.

This deal is for analogue customers looking to go digital.
After the rental period is over the rental fee is $2.95/month only.

It is an excellent way to check it out without paying anything extra.

Shaw Employee but views/opinions are solely my own and do not represent or are in no way endorsed by any other party.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts