Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Horrible reception HNIC

4K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Bman72s 
#1 ·
It can't just be my TV, the last two Sat. night hockey games have been painful to watch. The picture freezes up, there are audio drop-outs and during last nights game the A/V feed was actually skipping!! For about 30 seconds!! :eek: I think CBC should work on fixing this instead of 3D.:rolleyes:
By the way I have rogers cable.

Anyone else experiencing this?

#4 ·
The picture freezes up, there are audio drop-outs and during last nights game the A/V feed was actually skipping!! For about 30 seconds!!
HNIC is seldom problematic. I think you need to check your system before complaining.

oldpioneer, after having all these problems, did you contact Rogers?

#5 · (Edited)
Last night, Rogers was experiencing problems with the fibre they use to pick up CBLT SD from the CBC building(video breakup and audio stuttering). There were some audio problems that were received at the Toronto broadcast center, but were not heard at the truck.These audio problems would have affected SD and HD.

#8 ·
Wasn't last night's game in 3D? I wonder if that could have impacted the broadcast? (by adding a technical change to production equipment, etc).

#14 ·
Anyone else notice that networks today no longer admit to transmission problems like they used to. There are few "network difficulty" announcements or graphics anymore so the viewer is left wondering if it is the broadcast or their equipment that is at fault.

#15 ·
Here is the reply from Rogers:

Each CBC'S Hockey Night in Canada is broadcast live, so it may have signal issues that originate from the broadcast that Rogers cannot fix or it may be a satellite issue that can be corrected.

In future please call us when this occurring so that we may replicate the issue, if the matter reflects a satellite transition feed then we can escalate the matter to our engineering team who will be able to resolve the feed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.