Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I just watched the pilot. With Breaking Bad now gone for a while, and no Mad Men for a while, I think Homeland will be fulfill my "quality drama" void.

Solid cast, interesting characters, intriguing plot --> I'll hang around.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
After I watched the pilot I watched the preview for whats instore for this season. I must say wow this show looks great. I will for sure be watching the whole season.

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
Can't believe no one is talking about this show. One of my favorites this TV Season. The last episode was great. I suggest you find a way to watch this show.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Agreed! With Breaking Bad gone for a while, this is now the best drama on TV (albeit, kinda hard to find in Canada).
In his inimitable way, Bill Simmons posted a recap of last week's episode (Episode 7 - the one at the cabin).
Some nice twists and turns the last couple of episodes; I just hope they have an end game in mind and don't go "The Killing" on us.
I have trepidation because the principles behind the show are from "24" - which was brutal for just making crap up as they went along, hoping it'd all make sense at the end (which it never did).

·
Registered
468 Posts
I love this show! The cast is amazing and the plot keeps me hanging. The reveal at the end of ep08 blew me away!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Has been an awesome season of twists and turns. While it is hard to find to watch it (makes me wonder how the ratings will do) If you can find it I highly recommend Homeland.

I'm a tad worried that with only 4 episodes left the end might be a bit rushed, but since season 2 has been confirmed maybe it will continued on through the next season.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I kind of feel that next season will be a different storyline; kind of like 24.

The ratings are doing great in the States, last time I checked. I believe its right there with Dexter as the highest rated Showtime show.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I was shocked a while ago to read that Damian Lewis does a really convincing American accent (that is, I had absolutely no idea he was British; same "ear-opening" experience I had in finding out that McNulty on The Wire was also British).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Homeland

Just checked Super Channel website and season 1 of Homeland is available until October 31st on Super Channel On Demand! Woo Hoo! :)

21 - 40 of 156 Posts